PDA

View Full Version : Gravostyle 98 and M40 Machine

Owen Willingham
10-15-2014, 3:06 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum and could really do with some help.

I have gravostyle 98 and have recently brought a new (secondhand) gravograph M40 machine. The machine came with the basic gravostyle quick but I want to use the machine with my existing software without having to upgrade. I'm sure I've heard of other people running with this setup, but as the software is older than the machine, the M40 isn't listed on the "add machine" part of the software. I have emailed gravograph uk but they don't seem to understand my question, and just emailed me the GT Smartstream driver (which I already have and installed fine). Does anyone know if I can select a different model from the list that will be compatible with the M40? Or if there is a file or a patch available anywhere (that one of you might have) that I can use to add the M40 to the list of supported machines.

Running XP, Machine firmware 1.24

Many thanks in advance.

Owen

Owen Willingham
10-15-2014, 6:36 AM
Just a quick follow up to say that Gravograph came back to me with some mac files from gravostyle 5, just copied them into the same folder in Gravostyle 98 where other mac files are held, and hey presto the machine is on the list. No option for auto z ref but didn't expect it as old software. Overall very pleased not to have to upgrade software.