PDA

View Full Version : new sander

Larry Craft
10-12-2014, 10:58 PM
In need of a new ros, my trusty old PC has bit the dust. Anyone own the Mirka Ceros? If so how do you rate it compared to others?

Mike Heidrick
10-13-2014, 12:45 AM
I like my 150/3 better than the Ceros my friend owns. Try them both for 30-60 minutes before deciding. The Ceros control module is gangly and makes it tippy- you counter balance it while holding it. Cord is also thick and the power converter is large on the Ceros. Ill stick with the 150/3 and its thinner cord and the handle and higher palm rest. Again just my thoughts while using them both side by side.

William C Rogers
10-13-2014, 10:41 AM
I have the Ceros and like it better than any other sander. It is half the weight of other sanders. I like the one hand operation and the paddle switch. With the Abranet disks I feel it has the best dust control. I have used the other sanders and prefer the Ceros.

Dimitrios Fradelakis
10-13-2014, 11:13 AM
I too have the Ceros and am very pleased with it's performance. The Abranet sanding discs are a little pricey but they are well worth it both in surface preparation and dust control. Hands down the best sander I have ever used and well worth the asking price.