PDA

View Full Version : New Leetro release Lasercut 6.1

Vicki Rivrud
10-12-2014, 1:02 PM
Both Leetro Lasercut 5.3 and controllers MPC 6515 & MPC 6535 are obsolete - now longer supported and pretty much no longer available.
Some can be found through US distributors who bought in bulk, however the price of the package has gone up dramatically.

I reviewed the new release of Lasercut 6.1 for use with the new 6585 controller released to the US market.

Best feature - no DONGLE!

Worst feature - file types saved are now designated as .ftp not .ecp
note: I do have many dxf files that the ecp file was generated from however when the ecp was saved in Lasercut 5.3 - It contains corrections, power & speed settings that a dxf file does not.

Disappointment - internal memory remains at 128 mb

There are differences in the software and require some getting use to after using Lasercut 5.3 for many years.

Work around - in Lasercut 5.3 export ecp file as a plt - import into Lasercut 6.1

Great new controller for a new purchase - for me I continue to use the 4.1.2.3 MPC6515 - a hardy work horse - would prefer the 6535 as it is shielded to prevent static buildup and takes corners better. Has a better recovery rate after an electrical stop.

Future plan for our shop - upgrade to the now obsolete MPC 6535 sitting in inventory - however there is some question about the wiring / polarity issue and possible electrical damage if installed incorrectly.

If anyone has an obsolete 6515 or a dongle, please PM me.

Anyone here that has swapped out the 6515 to 6535 or has any input or ideas, I appreciate your generous feedback, help, tips & responses.

Happy lasering,
Vix

Brian Robison
03-17-2016, 10:44 AM
Can it engrave grayscale?