PDA

View Full Version : HELP softstop error LC 5.3

Bert Kemp
10-11-2014, 12:59 PM
from what I read here I'm getting this soft stop error because the laser will run off the table. the project is 14.5 x 9.5" well with in my engraving area of 400x600mm so how do i get the project so it doesn't run off the table?:(298213
New machine to me so gonna need more help:D

Kev Williams
10-11-2014, 1:25 PM
You've probably done this, but make sure your tables dimensions are correct in the machine parameters. I assume the dims on the layout in the pic are in centimeters?

There may be some 'margins' in the parameters somewhere(?)-- Have you tried re-positioning the graphic more towards the middle to see if that helps?

Did you import the image from Corel or elsewhere? Just wondering if something is in the layout that's beyond the boundries? If so it won't show up on the screen, but the machine will know it's there!

Tommy dunn
10-11-2014, 1:27 PM
Hi Bert
it might be your laser origin yours is set to center by the look of it
try top right if your datum is top right

Casey kerner
10-11-2014, 1:44 PM
If you move the head of the machine away from the datum position and try starting the job does it return to the home position and start? I had a setting setting on the machine itself that was causing that issue for me. I now move the head away from home and run from a different position with no issues.

Bert Kemp
10-11-2014, 1:53 PM
Fixed
thanx guys you were both right lol I had a very small piece way over to the right of the screen I deleted that. thenI moved the graphic and now its cutting thanx again. This site is worth 10x the cost of a $6 contributor fee.

Casey kerner
10-11-2014, 1:59 PM
Glad you figured it out. Also, the value of this site is well worth the 6 bucks. The true value is repaying the help others give by helping others in the future.

Bill George
10-11-2014, 7:29 PM
Fixed
thanx guys you were both right lol I had a very small piece way over to the right of the screen I deleted that. thenI moved the graphic and now its cutting thanx again. This site is worth 10x the cost of a $6 contributor fee.

Bert I make all my start "Knife" points the Center of the project. Then I find the center of the material and mark with a light pencil mark or a white board dry erase fine point marker. Put the material in the center of the table, use the keypad arrows to bring the head over to that center point and click "Start". Before I did that, I was having the same problem you were.

Bert Kemp
10-12-2014, 2:26 AM
Very true Casey and I hope I have helped some here and I'll try to continue but for now I'll be seeking help lol as of right now the laser quit firing.Was working ok after I got the soft stop fixed now it quit about 2 hrs ago and I can't get it to go again. to tired now so will work on it tomorrow.

Pete James
10-12-2014, 9:07 AM
Check your door magnet switch and your emergency stop button on the machine.

Dave Sheldrake
10-12-2014, 9:15 AM
And the water flow sensor Bert

cheers

Dave

Bob A Miller
10-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Bert

warning.... Tongue in cheek humour intended for new user.

I think the only thing I can contribute here is to say you are hitting most of the standard sort of problems with a Chinese laser a lot of us have had. Not much that can't be fixed by grabbing a cup of coffee, sitting down & reading through the older messages on the board. Key point is just relax...chances are very good it isn't you & you did not accidentally enter the secret undocumented emergency self destruct sequence...:)

Now for the record my Trotec suffered from a magnet door error (about 5 min after the tech left) when I first got it as well.

bob

Bert Kemp
10-12-2014, 1:54 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.
Water flowing, We had a problem at the shop when I went to get it with the door magnets so I checked that, Then I remembered the chiller bypass jumper and sure enough it fell out.lol Carol was sending me one but it hasn't arrived yet, put the home made one back in and were off and running again.

Dave Sheldrake
10-12-2014, 2:04 PM
Temp alarm wire for the chiller Bert? I took all of mine out and soldered the wires together, they aren't reliable at the best of times ;)

cheers

Dave

Bert Kemp
10-12-2014, 8:43 PM
Yea and I keep a close eye on my water temp:)

Temp alarm wire for the chiller Bert? I took all of mine out and soldered the wires together, they aren't reliable at the best of times ;)

cheers

Dave