PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Braille Installation Help

Wayne Webb
10-10-2014, 1:03 PM
When I downloaded the software, a window popped up saying that the folder" Programs/(x86)Corel/Corel suite x4/draw/gms does not exist...do you want to create it? (that may not be worded exactly). When I launch Corel x4, select tools/run macros, the braille program is not found.

I've tried downloading to my Windows 8.1 computer and now my laptop which is running Win 8. In neither one can I find "braille.gms".
I don't like the search in Win 8 but here's what I;m doing: I pull the "flyout" from the right side of my display, select the "search" icon>type in "braille.gms"<select "files" ....but windows finds nothing.
I also can't find it in the program files>Corel>draw>gms folder.
Wayne
Webb Signworks

Wayne Webb
10-15-2014, 1:55 PM
Just tried downloading again. This time, it simply presented the folder " c:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\PROGRAMS\Draw\GMS" and did not ask if I wanted to create it. I clicked finish, restarted Corel x4, selected tools>macros>run macro>macros in, and it's still not there. I also searched (x86)program files>Corel>draw>GMS and there is no braille. Is it possible that Win 8.1 is blocking it? If so, there is no pop up or warning which says so. I am stumped.

Aaron Koehl
10-15-2014, 4:00 PM
Wayne,

The installer tries to find your GMS folder, but you have the flexibility to select the proper folder:

Try installing it here, since you're using X4:
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\User Draw\GMS\

If anyone else reads this thread and is using Windows 7+ and X5 or X6:
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6\Draw\GMS

Of course, you will have to replace YourName with your actual user account name.
I will have to update the installer in the next couple weeks find this path automatically, rather than the old GMS folder in Program Files.

Hope this helps.

Wayne Webb
10-15-2014, 4:08 PM
Thanks Aaron,
I just did that. Restarted Corel, looked in the macro box and it still isn't there.

Aaron Koehl
10-15-2014, 11:14 PM
Wayne,

Just to be sure, I created an installation video:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/software/install

Let me know if this helps.

Wayne Webb
10-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Thanks Aaron,

I'm still missing something. I tried plugging in my "computer name" (shown in "settings">"PC info") in the "your name" designation and I also tried plugging in the "user name" designated to Corelx4 . I'm still going to "tools">"Macros">"run macro">"macros in" and there's no braille in the dropdown list.

C:\Users\Signworks\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\User Draw\GMS\ .......the name of my computer

C:\Users\WayneWebb\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\User Draw\GMS\ ....the user account name of my computer

C:\Users\WayneWebb\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4\User Draw\GMS\ ....my user name in Corel x4

Wayne Webb
10-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Here's one of the folders I saved it in but it's empty.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10487468_866751516670433_2162898485093784026_n.jpg ?oh=961ddada06e4433246f96dd9a0fc0d5d&oe=54B5F3F5

Aaron Koehl
10-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Wayne,

Thanks for helping me resolve the issue.
Download the setup file again, it will now allow you to install to an alternate folder.

Regards,

Wayne Webb
10-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Aaron,
I found this little macro gizmo yesterday called "InstallGMS.exe".....still would not work. http://corelvba.com/index.php?pages=util_1
Then I tried downloading your program again last night after seeing your last message....still would not work.
Finally I tried again with your changes and the "InstallGMS.exe" , dragged and dropped the file onto it, clicked, "install" and it worked.
I don't know why I had so much trouble, but it works now.
Thanks for your patience
Wayne