PDA

View Full Version : How many Arkies are on this board

Jim Hager
07-12-2005, 10:37 AM
I have been reading quite a bit lately on the forum and in trying to get to know some of you and I have noticed quite a few Arkies hereabouts. I just wanted a roll call (ok, it's the teacher in mehttp://sawmillcreek.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif ) of the number of Arkies here so I can get a grip on who is where. Seems like I may be the only Arkie in this part of the state.

Joe Meazle
07-12-2005, 12:19 PM
More than you can swing a cat at.

I'd say we got to be pushing a dozen or more. with 4 or 5 that are really active and at least one moderator.

Joe

Steve Clardy
07-12-2005, 12:42 PM
I was born in arkie land, but live north of you across the line.
So do I qualify as a arkie on the board? Lol

Ken Garlock
07-12-2005, 12:49 PM
the motorcycle riding, woodworking, ophthalmologist from Arkansas :confused: Senoritas says that I can't recall his name :rolleyes:

Billy Reynolds
07-12-2005, 1:16 PM
I be an Arkie, not very active but lurk alot

Larry Browning
07-12-2005, 2:47 PM
I live about 10 miles south of Mountainburg and work in Fort Smith (about a 25 mile drive) I guessing that Pocahontas in no where near me since I have never heard of it. West Arkansas?????

Jim Hager
07-12-2005, 3:02 PM
I live about 10 miles south of Mountainburg and work in Fort Smith (about a 25 mile drive) I guessing that Pocahontas in no where near me since I have never heard of it. West Arkansas?????

Pocahontas is in the N.E. Corner of the state about 15 miles south of the missouri line in Randolph County. My son rooms with one of the kids from Mountainburg. Mirus is the last name, maybe you know his family. Son is getting his Masters at the UofA, should be done sometime this fall. Looks like he is gonna settle in that part of the state:cool:. I'd rather he come back home where he belongs. I'm just 2 years from retirement and I want to get my cabinet shop going full time and wanted him to be my right hand man. I've thought about moving up there but circumstances won't allow it for a few more years.

Steve Clardy
07-12-2005, 3:42 PM
the motorcycle riding, woodworking, ophthalmologist from Arkansas :confused: Senoritas says that I can't recall his name :rolleyes:

Zack Jennings. He decided woodworking isn't his ballgame. He's moved on to buying a restaurant I heard. We are in contact once in a while.

Larry Browning
07-12-2005, 4:21 PM
Pocahontas is in the N.E. Corner of the state about 15 miles south of the missouri line in Randolph County. My son rooms with one of the kids from Mountainburg. Mirus is the last name, maybe you know his family. Son is getting his Masters at the UofA, should be done sometime this fall. Looks like he is gonna settle in that part of the state:cool:. I'd rather he come back home where he belongs. I'm just 2 years from retirement and I want to get my cabinet shop going full time and wanted him to be my right hand man. I've thought about moving up there but circumstances won't allow it for a few more years.

I really meant to say "East" Arkansas with my guess. I live in "West" Arkansas for goodness sakes!!!! My wife used to teach school in Mountainburg, I will ask her if she knows anyone named Mirus. He must have not been a trouble maker, because I don't ever recall here mentioning that name to me.

Ken Garlock
07-12-2005, 4:52 PM
Zack Jennings. He decided woodworking isn't his ballgame. He's moved on to buying a restaurant I heard. We are in contact once in a while.

Thanks Steve. Yes, it was Zack I was trying recall. He was quite the person. :rolleyes: I wish him good luck in the resturant business.

Dennis Peacock
07-12-2005, 7:24 PM
Well.....you have an Ol' Arkie here that is this particular forum's moderator! :D

Terry Hatfield and I will be hosting another Central States BBQ this year at his shop in Springdale, AR and will be sometime around mid September.

I am working with Doug Stowe (woodworking author and master box maker) to come and give us a seminar on box making and such. At last word, he was thinking about coming to the BBQ. He don't live too far from Larry Browning as the crow flies. :rolleyes: :)

Ken Salisbury
07-12-2005, 7:32 PM
How many Arkies are on this board ??

TOO MANY ! ! !

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/smiley2.gif

John Hart
07-12-2005, 7:42 PM
My Brother lives in Thayer Missouri which shares acreage with Mammoth Springs Arkansas and I fell in the water there during a picnic. Does that count?

Jim Hager
07-12-2005, 8:23 PM
My Brother lives in Thayer Missouri which shares acreage with Mammoth Springs Arkansas and I fell in the water there during a picnic. Does that count?

Sure does John, that water that you fell in ran right into the state and right past my county down the spring river. Randolph county has five rivers. Black, Forche, Spring, Eleven Point and Current rivers. We gots lots of water.

Jim Hager
07-12-2005, 8:26 PM
Well.....you have an Ol' Arkie here that is this particular forum's moderator! :D

Terry Hatfield and I will be hosting another Central States BBQ this year at his shop in Springdale, AR and will be sometime around mid September.

I am working with Doug Stowe (woodworking author and master box maker) to come and give us a seminar on box making and such. At last word, he was thinking about coming to the BBQ. He don't live too far from Larry Browning as the crow flies. :rolleyes: :)

Keep me informed and I might even drop in on my son for a weekend and come out to see about you guys. Sounds like a lot of fun. Son lives in Farmington, goes to school in Fayetteville and works in Springdale. He surely can help me get around up there. Box makin ain't my thing right now but I guess it could be again some day.