PDA

View Full Version : A really nice protractor off eBay

Malcolm Schweizer
10-06-2014, 10:25 AM
This is a new tool made by "iGaging" which appears to be a Chinese mass-producer, but was worth a shot at $25. I used the incra protractor to scribe lines at 90, 60, 45, and 22.5, then checked this new tool to those lines and it is spot on. I had looked far and wide for a tool that accurately and simply adjusts to mark any angle. The only drawback is I would prefer the protractor to be the registering edge and the straight edge to be flush, but good enough for $25. I love the very clear pointer and easy to read dial. No guessing where you set this thing.

Along with setting the sliding bevel, I will use this to mark inlays, clock wheels, and other things with various non-standard angles.

Don Rogers
10-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Looks good to me. I have an expensive Makita protractor which is precise but always difficult to set up. Yours is simple, yet accurate - lots easier to use.

Don

Steve Voigt
10-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Thanks for posting this Malcom. I have had the exact same protractor saved on my ebay page for months now, but I never pulled the trigger because I was concerned about the quality. Good to hear a positive review.
You're right though; the straight edge is on the wrong side! Gah!