PDA

View Full Version : Dremel 1/3 hp rotary tool

Breck Whitworth
10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
This is a specific question for those who have at least a 1/3 hp dremel rotary tool. Has anyone used these saw drill bits that cut sideways as well as drill normally with this type tool. I understand piercing requirements for high speed tools I have one and have done piercing quite a bit using it but what I want to know is have any of you actually used these saw drill bits in a dremel? If so how did they work for you? I use these bits for my piercing using a high speed rotary tool so I know how well they cut I want to know if they would work with a dremel? Thanks

http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=packard&Product_Code=309345&Category_Code=

Richard Moran
10-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Never used one in a Dremel type tool. Most lightweight die grinders like a dremels are not engineered for extended side loading of the ball bearings like a RotoZip, but you probably already knew that....

Cheryl A. Prince
10-12-2014, 8:20 AM
Hi Breck. I've used the saw drill bits that cut sideways from Packard on my Dremel and they work pretty well when cutting into turned pieces 3/8" thick or less. Any thicker than that and it is a slow process.