PDA

View Full Version : Any Trekkies around here?

Myk Rian
10-05-2014, 9:00 PM
Star Trek Continues is viewable online.
The new set is constructed exactly like the original.
startrekcontinues com

Michael Koenig
10-05-2014, 9:50 PM
I am a trekkie .
Thanks for the info.

Kent A Bathurst
10-06-2014, 5:44 PM
Too funny - -

I collected most of the Trekkie spaceships from the Hallmark Christmas ornament set over a few years, whenever I found one cheap on flea-bay.

Not for the Christmas tree - I hang them from the joists in my shop - just started finally putting them up yesterday.

I also have the TARDIS from Doctor Who, and regular colored balls [plastic - the glass ones had a short shelf-life].

Neighbors and wife think I am nuts. I assume they have a point in there somewhere?

Ken Fitzgerald
10-06-2014, 6:43 PM
Kent,

How often is your wife correct?:rolleyes:;):D

ken masoumi
10-06-2014, 7:33 PM
The new set is constructed exactly like the original.

,The set maybe constructed the same but the acting is far from the original talented cast ,at first I thought it looked like a sketch from saturday night live ,lol.maybe the actors will grow on me,I still watch the ST/next generation ,it is on 5 days a week.deep space nine and Voyager series come on every few months .

Myk Rian
10-06-2014, 8:39 PM
Do you remember the very first of the original series? The acting was comparable to this new series.

Jim Matthews
10-06-2014, 9:39 PM
Do you remember the very first of the original series? The acting was comparable to this new series.

Part of its enduring charm.
The chief writer was a veteran of Cop shows.

They were desperate, winging it and hoping to get paid.

It's a recipe for originality.

ken masoumi
10-06-2014, 9:45 PM
I guess you are right,but they soon got settled in their characters,yeah ,the first few episodes they did talk on cue with no expression on their faces.

Ole Anderson
10-07-2014, 8:15 AM
I remember watching the original series when I was at the dorm at Michigan State. It was a big deal to go to the basement and watch it on the big 27" TV, before everyone had one in their rooms. Never really got into the follow on series with the same enthusiasm. Still remember "The Trouble With Tribbles", my favorite.

Kent A Bathurst
10-07-2014, 4:36 PM
Kent,

How often is your wife correct?:rolleyes:;):D

The last mistake she ever made was in April, 1978.

You're a clever guy - you figure it out. :p :p

Myk Rian
10-07-2014, 5:14 PM
The last mistake she ever made was in April, 1978.

And since then, you've made them all. :D

Joe Tilson
10-07-2014, 5:48 PM
Hey Kent,
This past weekend my wife was right 27 out of 28 times, and boy did I let her know I was right for once! :eek: Sorry dear, didn't know you were standing back there. Love the trek.

Kent A Bathurst
10-07-2014, 6:51 PM
And since then, you've made them all. :D

BOOM!!! Goes the dynamite.

Dead-nuts on target, my friend - in the 10-ring.

Chris Padilla
10-07-2014, 6:58 PM
Streaming Netflix...rewatching all of DS9 right now. God I love not having to FF through ads!!! Now I'm annoyed when I DVR shows and have to FF through ads!! LOL

Myk Rian
10-08-2014, 9:01 PM
BOOM!!! Goes the dynamite.

Dead-nuts on target, my friend - in the 10-ring.
Hey. I've got 47 years experience of being wrong.
I'm so used to it, I love it now.

Rod Sheridan
10-09-2014, 9:39 AM
Too funny - -

I collected most of the Trekkie spaceships from the Hallmark Christmas ornament set over a few years, whenever I found one cheap on flea-bay.

Not for the Christmas tree - I hang them from the joists in my shop - just started finally putting them up yesterday.

I also have the TARDIS from Doctor Who, and regular colored balls [plastic - the glass ones had a short shelf-life].

Neighbors and wife think I am nuts. I assume they have a point in there somewhere?

Funny, last October we were in Cardiff Wales, and of course went to the Dr. Who exhibit.

I found this on a rural road in southern Ontario last spring, it's a shelter for kids to wait for the school bus in.

Regards, Rod.

Kent A Bathurst
10-09-2014, 5:20 PM
Funny, last October we were in Cardiff Wales, and of course went to the Dr. Who exhibit.

I found this on a rural road in southern Ontario last spring, it's a shelter for kids to wait for the school bus in.

Regards, Rod.

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!