PDA

View Full Version : Artwork in Corel draw issues

Kit Dumph
10-04-2014, 1:54 PM
So I just got my machine the other day and after about 4 hours on the phone with epilog support we finally got my mac sending jobs to the machine. Now I have some logos and photos that I had set up in accordance with some of the how to's I have read and when I hit the go button on the laser I get a beep and job completed with these no engraving though. So I tried drawing a few simple lines and designs in corel draw and they worked fine. Yet the logo and photo I keep trying I get the beep? I figured it was the line thickness of the lines so I would adjust above .007 and I'd still get the same problems?

Any ideas?

Also, on the simple text test that I did and that did work...kinda... It isn't engraving the top 1/4 " of the text even though the laser is going over the area?

I'm attaching the file, and perhaps I missed something here?

Mike Null
10-05-2014, 9:10 AM
Kit

When I open the file it's just a blank page.

Bill Stearns
10-05-2014, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=Kit Dumph;2318226]Also, on the simple text test that I did and that did work...kinda... It isn't engraving the top 1/4 " of the text even though the laser is going over the area?

KIT -
As to the top of text not lasering - I experience this now 'n then. I'll start to engrave, takes 'second 'fore the actual engraving starts - I stop the job and hit it again. Think I was told once it's got something to do with adjusting the "tickle" - somebody more knowledgeable 'bout "tickle" will have to take it from here. As for the other issue - wonder if it'd help to use that button "convert to bitmap" ? - just a thought.

Bill

Mike Chance in Iowa
10-05-2014, 12:43 PM
The file is saved in X7 format. You will need to save it in an older version so others can open it.

Nicolas Silva
10-05-2014, 3:18 PM
i don't have a Epilog, but I'm sure ULS has similar circumstances.
first off make sure your power level settings as well as your vector/raster settings are correct for the colors you are trying to send.
If I have a black circle filled black, but my power/speed are set to vector I get 0.0 on the power/speed/ppi indictaions on the work screen.
Pressing start results in a beep/done.
Are the lines that are working a hairline? If so that is a vector cut versus the logo which will be a raster. Again, a settings problem.
Good luck.