PDA

View Full Version : Cant seem to catch a jointer on Craigslist

Hunter Locke
10-02-2014, 6:48 PM
Here in southern Alabama used jointers seem to be few and far between. In the last two weeks I missed two awesome deals on 8" Grizzlys by an hour or two.

I can't stay on Craigslist all day long! Maybe I'm just destined to be alone...

Rich Engelhardt
10-02-2014, 7:02 PM
Relax - - all you have to do for that once in a lifetime deal on an 8" jointer to pop up is go out and buy a brand new one from Grizzly... ;).

I can almost guarantee you that as soon as the Griz ships, there'll be all kinds of 8" ones on CL.

John TenEyck
10-02-2014, 7:11 PM
Actually, you can stay on Craigslist all day - if you have a smart phone. You can download an app that will notify you instantly any time a new post is made with the key words you specify. The one I use is called Mokriya. Another alternative is to use an RSS feed to your E-mail, if you are chained to a computer all day. Of the two, the smartphone option is easier to set up, just download the app., and more fool proof.

John

Myk Rian
10-02-2014, 7:28 PM
spell jointer as : jointer, joiner, planer, in your search queries.
Might also just use woodworking and wood working.
Don't restrict yourself to the tools. Also use the General category.

Moses Yoder
10-02-2014, 8:06 PM
Go ahead and buy a new one, post pics here and tell us you found on Craigslist for $50.

Andrew Hughes
10-02-2014, 8:07 PM
Your jointer will find you when your ready.
Myk is right about spelling jointer different ways.
My wife actually found my machine when I was about to settle for something far away.
Simple misspelling is all it took.

Phil Barrett
10-02-2014, 10:06 PM
+1 on the misspellings - I got my Griz 555 "ban" saw because of that...

Hunter Locke
10-03-2014, 9:31 AM
Thanks for the encouragement.

I did download an app on my iPhone that was supposed to notify me of new posts in my saved searches, but I didn't get any notifications!

It'll be alright, there's a jointer/joiner out there for each of us I suppose...

Hunter Locke
10-03-2014, 9:32 AM
Go ahead and buy a new one, post pics here and tell us you found on Craigslist for $50.

I don't see many Hammer A3 31's on craigslist though!

Kevin Bourque
10-03-2014, 10:07 AM
I was ready to give up on CL too. Then I found an 8" General jointer in great shape for $400 and they threw in an old 17" Makita planer they thought was broken ( it wasn't ) for free. Plus they had 3 extra knife sets for both.

scott vroom
10-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Here in southern Alabama used jointers seem to be few and far between. In the last two weeks I missed two awesome deals on 8" Grizzlys by an hour or two.

I can't stay on Craigslist all day long! Maybe I'm just destined to be alone...

The best way to find a jointer on CL is to buy a new one; the next morning there will be 3 used for sale on CL :D