PDA

View Full Version : Filling voids in stone sink

Matt Day
10-01-2014, 10:29 AM
We have a stone farmhouse sink that has some voids in it, one being quite large. I Think the previous owners got a deal on scratch and dent or something.

We've been dealing with it, but the voids are perfect areas for mold and mildew to grow. Especially since whoever made the sink didn't put much if any slope to the drain.

I've been cleaning it every couple of weeks or so with a stiff bristled brush and bleach, to try to kill the mold. You can see in the pictures that there are still some dark spots that I can't get to.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any kind of filler to use on stone for an application like this?

I would like to eventually replace the sink, but these kind of things are quite expensive, so I was looking for a cheaper fix in the meantime.

Mark Bolton
10-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Id be looking to the granite counter top industry for some sort of epoxy filler that can be mixed with a quantity of aggregate(s) for a color match. At that point you could fill and then polish it out to some extent.

I'd think any type of masonry patch similar to what's used in the concrete counter top world to fill voids would just flake off in time.