PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
09-29-2014, 1:07 AM
29 Sep 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
I thought that since I was still up and working on my oncall duties that I'd go ahead and post for the Weekend Accomplishments in hopes of me being able to sleep a bit in the morning (today). Oncall has been fairly steady this weekend but not crazy bad. The good news is that I come off oncall duty in less than 8 hours and I get to sleep with both eyes closed tomorrow night (Monday).

The MIL is now living full time in her new apartment and really enjoying it. She's about to be unpacked well enough to call it done. I still have some things to finish up in the sun room and garage but I'm getting closer to being done. The LOML has been working on the outside getting some of the landscaping stuff done. All I can say right now is that I'm pleased with the results and I'm happy that she is happy to be living in her apartment now.!!

That's all for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jay Jolliffe
09-29-2014, 5:54 AM
Split & stacked wood for the winter.

Hunter Locke
09-29-2014, 7:44 AM
Honed and sharpened all my hand tools. They needed it.

Justin Ludwig
09-29-2014, 8:07 AM
Went to drill for the Guard. Played a new challenging disc golf course in the town where drill is held. Came home to a fresh pot of jambalaya and 5 new discs that arrived in the mail. Overall a good weekend.

Shawn Pixley
09-29-2014, 10:18 AM
I represented our neighborhood at an election / event of an adjacent neighborhood. Later my wife and I drove into LA for dinner and a concert (Bob Mould). Way too much driving. Yesterday was low key house chores.

Brian W Smith
09-29-2014, 1:23 PM
Went to a book fair in downtown Baltimore,a yearly event.G-daughter got a little tired so had to cut the shopping a bit short.....but had loads of fun.

Only snagged a cpl books this year....A Thos. Moser shop drawings/blueprints for 3$ in decent to good condition.And a new,un-opened book on picture frames(mainly historical,with enough "how to", making it marketable) for 1$.

Drew Pavlak
09-29-2014, 1:29 PM
Went to my first auction. Was a little leery at first. Guy was liquidating his wood working shop and moving to AL. Must have been 60 people looking at the stuff. My main reason for going was a 1995 PM 66 1ph 3hp with Excalibur sliding table. Everyone was looking at it and I thought for sure this was going to go for way more than it should. Needless to say it came home with me for $467.50. I also ended up with a Powermatic 45 lathe or $137.50. Needs a little work, but it runs and it had the Tail stock and tool rest. The Center Spur was junk, but everything else looks pretty good. I will spend the winter cleaning it up and reconditioning it. Also got a 1/2hp Delta Bench grinder $77, and a box of sandpaper for $9. Got caught up i in the moment. :D Pics are attached. I think I am going to try to sell the Excalibur sliding table. I would sell the fence, but he did a number on it and it appears to be bent. I may have to keep that until I can get a suitable replacement.

Saw was covered in paint and glue, he must have used it as a bench when he was finishing his projects. but all in all it was in great shape. He even had the extension wings, original splitter/blade guard, manual, miter gauge, and receipt of purchase.

297525 297526 297527 297528 297529 297530 297531

Jim Becker
09-29-2014, 2:36 PM
My weekend schedule was a bit reversed this time around...since I needed to rent a pallet jack to move my slider back that 16" (about $1.50 an inch... :) ), that deed got done Saturday morning. Thread to come. The remainder of the day I spent with more cleanup and rearranging of the shop to better suit how I've been working lately. Sunday morning, I got a ride in on Nellie (my horse) in between transporting my older daughter to/from her volunteer work at a local cat sanctuary and then spent the rest of the day mowing the lawn and then removing a large walnut stump from the front yard near the road. (tree came down in a storm and has been cleaned up for some time, but the stump needed to be gone) Oh, and cooked this delicious meal Saturday night...seared monkfish with roasted cauliflower and a fresh sauce made from herbs and a small banana pepper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/IMG_3126_zps6ce96fc1.jpg

John Goodin
09-29-2014, 5:17 PM
Finally got some uninterrupted time in the garage shop and made four dining table legs out of a 6 foot piece of 16/4 X12" hard maple. The heavy duty legs are going to support a reclaimed boxcar flooring table top.