PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Epilog print driver on windows 8.1.

Mitchell Tutty
09-28-2014, 7:16 PM
Hi.

Recently purchased microsofts new pro surface 3 running windows 8.1 and have set up the print driver via USB, but am still unable to set up the print driver via ethernet.
Have read all manuals available on the net for my machine, and pretty much every Epilog machine and for the life of me can't get it happening.
I had previously considered myself reasonable when it came to this sort of thing, and have never had a trouble setting up the print driver on any of my previous computers.

Has anybody else running windows 8 that has set up their machine to print via ethernet and has any pointers, or have come across problems let me know.

Thank you to all in advance.
Mitchell

Kit Dumph
09-28-2014, 9:48 PM
You might want to disable 'driver signature signing' before installing the drivers. I don't have my laser yet, but from my research for 8.1 you might have to do this...

Mitchell Tutty
09-28-2014, 10:22 PM
You might want to disable 'driver signature signing' before installing the drivers. I don't have my laser yet, but from my research for 8.1 you might have to do this...

Already had to disable this when setting up the print driver via USB.

Bob Tate
09-28-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't think the disabling of driver signature signing is necessary in 8.1, either that or the driver is now signed. There was no mention of it in the Epilog instructions for 8.1. I spent a lot of time, following the instructions. Nothing was working. In the instructions they mention a IP address of 192.168.3.4. It was not working. There are probably a lot of folks out there that know more than me about IP's. I just know I followed the instructions exactly and I was not communicating with the laser.
Then I had a bright idea. I did an IPCONFIG and used an IP that was one digit higher than the IP assigned to my computer from DHCP. BINGO, everything was working. I suppose sometime in the future my IP may change thru DHCP but so far it has been the same IP for about 3 years on this computer so maybe I am in luck.
Previously I was running an XP machine on USB and that was working well. Then that box died and I was desperate. I tried USB on 8.1 and never had any success.
If you need any help, please ask.

Kev Williams
09-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Good luck. The ONLY machine driver I've been able to get to work on Win8 is the GTsmartstream driver for my IS400 and IS7000. My ULS driver won't work, nor my LS900 driver, not even generic print drivers to run my old machines thru a USB/serial port. I can't even load my HP all-in-one printer, NOR my 2005 Quickbooks software on this thing.

quad core processor, 8gigs ram, Win8, and it's almost totally useless to me. Although it is a great web surfing computer. :rolleyes:

John Noell
09-29-2014, 1:29 PM
I suppose sometime in the future my IP may change thru DHCP... If you can log into your router (I assume that is the DHCP server handing out addresses) you should be able to find where you can change that particular address to 'static.' The router will reserve that IP address to go with the MAC address (which is unique to each device and does not change).

Bob Tate
09-29-2014, 4:51 PM
If you can log into your router (I assume that is the DHCP server handing out addresses) you should be able to find where you can change that particular address to 'static.' The router will reserve that IP address to go with the MAC address (which is unique to each device and does not change).

I appreciate the response. My DHCP IP is issued thru Comcast, my ISP. I cannot change it and can only get a fixed IP for a monthly charge.
Thanks,

Kit Dumph
10-02-2014, 10:17 PM
hmm so I spent the day tying to hook up my new machine via USB. Seemed like the easy choice. Everything seems to work right up until the point I send the job to the laser and I get a print error. Guess I'll try it via the ethernet cord tomorrow...