PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy a new Epilog laser tube?

Grant Lomman
09-27-2014, 9:13 PM
Looks like I'm up for a new laser tube for my Epilog Helix 40W. I'm based in Australia and I've heard briefly they're in the $3 - 4k range so I think it's wise to get multiple quotes. Can anyone offer any recommendations? I'm fine with ordering internationally if I can get it fairly quickly.

Kevin Gregerson
09-28-2014, 3:05 PM
Looks like I'm up for a new laser tube for my Epilog Helix 40W. I'm based in Australia and I've heard briefly they're in the $3 - 4k range so I think it's wise to get multiple quotes. Can anyone offer any recommendations? I'm fine with ordering internationally if I can get it fairly quickly.

Wow that's kind of pricey. Call up epilog and see if they can't recharge it. I know universal is about a 1250 to recharge even the 75 watt tubes and recharges usually last as long as new.

Grant Lomman
09-28-2014, 6:26 PM
Thanks for your reply. It does seem quite pricey but looks like we only really have 1 distributor in Australia now, Alfex CNC. They are who I got that rough quote off. They didn't mention recharging and have my doubts they will do it but I'll ask.

Bill George
09-28-2014, 7:21 PM
Thanks for your reply. It does seem quite pricey but looks like we only really have 1 distributor in Australia now, Alfex CNC. They are who I got that rough quote off. They didn't mention recharging and have my doubts they will do it but I'll ask.
Grant it is my understanding its done at the Factory. Do some Searching on here for more info. If your distributer is not up to date, email the company.

Mitchell Tutty
09-28-2014, 7:25 PM
Hi Grant.

Im also running an Epilog machine out of Australia and fretting our first tube replacement.
I've been told by experienced machine owners here, that Alfex are our only reliable distributor.
I've heard some bad stories about people shipping new tubes from China and what not.

How many hours did you get out of your machine?
For the amount of hours we are supposedly meant to get out of our tubes, 3-4k is fairly reasonable.
I'm not sure of your dealings with Alfex in the past, but they are from my experience are incredibly reliable and will give you alot of instillation support with the purchase of the tube.

Martin Boekers
09-29-2014, 5:58 PM
It seems the last tube I bought from Epilog was about $2800.00 for a 75watt it did come with a 2 year warranty though.

Check these guys out, I believe some here at SMC have used them.... http://photovaclaser.com/

Find out what it cost from Epilog if you pick it up at their plant..... you maybe be able to work it in to a working vacation in Colorado.... ;)

Grant Lomman
09-29-2014, 6:21 PM
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I've received a quote from Alfex of $3600 plus I have to return my old tube at my own expense. I've questioned why I should return my tube though if I'm apparently getting a new one. If I'm not getting a new one, then why isn't a recharge an option? I agree, it doesn't sound like a lot considering the hours it's done (6 years worth... not sure of exact hours).

Hi Mitchell. Yeah Alfex have been great so far and I agree, they have been very reliable and their tech-support is great. I only wish they had representatives up here in North QLD so I could have someone come and take a look. The kind of prices my wife and I have found around the internet (generally under 3k). This seems typical of Australia to be so much dearer than everywhere else. Having no competitors seems like it would be too easy to inflate the price. Getting a quote even seems kind of a waste of time since there really is no other viable choice within the country that I'm aware of. I've also fretted this day for a long time :( Not the best time to have happened either... but looking on the bright side.

Haha Martin, a working vacation to the US would be sweet! I could use the holiday too. 2 kids and a business keeps me firmly grounded for now though. Besides, my business is only very small with only me and my dog working here and he's not great taking messages while I'm away... worst handwriting I've ever seen ;)