PDA

View Full Version : Source for custom cut anodized aluminum

Scott Shepherd
09-26-2014, 8:38 AM
I see Dan, in the U.K. is looking for them, now, in my inbox, is a request for odd shaped anodized aluminum pieces. None of them are simply straight cuts. Anyone got any sources for low to medium volume laser cutting of anodized aluminum shapes?

I don't think the low end volume would justify making dies. They are mostly parts that are less than 2" x 2" and they have some square corners on the inside features, so milling them wouldn't work.

AL Ursich
09-26-2014, 9:06 AM
Try Barking up this tree.... Good People.... They do custom work.

https://www.chewbarka.net/

Scott Shepherd
09-26-2014, 9:16 AM
Thanks Al, I thought everything they did was stamped. Do they laser any shapes?

Mike Null
09-26-2014, 9:54 AM
As far as I know it all Chewbarka's stuff is stamped.

I have used AAA Metal 314 664 2228 here in St. Louis but for plain aluminum. You'd probably have to find an anodizer there.

I would also call Greg at Missouri Equipment Co. 1.800.727.6326 x 107

Kev Williams
09-26-2014, 10:33 AM
How many is "low to medium" volume? Thickness? You shouldn't need to look too far, most any sheet metal shop near you with a big laser can probably help you out. Machine shop with a water jet would also be an option.

Scott Shepherd
09-26-2014, 10:37 AM
How many is "low to medium" volume? Thickness? You shouldn't need to look too far, most any sheet metal shop near you with a big laser can probably help you out. Machine shop with a water jet would also be an option.

10-200 of each shape. I have a laser guy on the sheet metal side, but he doesn't like doing stuff like this.

Frank barry
09-26-2014, 12:48 PM
hi Scott I have looked at this but I have had no joy if you have any luck please let me know cheers Frank

Dan Hintz
09-26-2014, 1:40 PM
I would think a waterjet shop would eat this stuff up... not exact square inside corners, but a lot better than a CNC would do, approaching a laser. They can stack numerous pieces, so it's relatively cheap, particularly in quantity.