PDA

View Full Version : Replacing bearings

Jan Mrovec
09-24-2014, 2:57 PM
I have problems with engraving and I want to replace the bearings on the X axis (LaserPro Mercury) Have you some instructions on how to replace the bearings? and must I to buy bearings from GCC or they can buy alia bearings of the same size?
I'm afraid I did not spoil anything.

Thank you for your advice

Ross Moshinsky
09-24-2014, 4:23 PM
You might be able to use a different brand bearing on your rail. Personally, I didn't go that route. Gravograph wanted a ton of money for a new bearing and I can't recall, but I think they wouldn't sell just the bearing. Anyway, bought essentially the same thing from here: http://www.automation4less.com/linear.htm for a fraction of the cost. I have an extra bearing too just in case but it's been a few years since the swap and haven't had the need.

Hannu Rinne
09-25-2014, 1:27 PM
Hi Jan,

I dont know if this will help you, but attached is the instructions for replacing the bearings in my laser (GCC Spirit). The type of the bearing is L940ZZ (should be available easily).

Best regards,
Hannu

Jim Reinhard
09-26-2014, 7:47 PM
I just changed my x rail bearings a few weeks ago .Got them from jorlink.They were easy to change and made a big differance in engraving quality.I was told to tighten them all the way in then back them out 1 1/2 turns.The y rail bearings look to be more involved and am also looking for some instructions on changing them.I have a mercury 3 and it is different than the spirit .