PDA

View Full Version : Network problem/question

Sean Troy
09-24-2014, 9:36 AM
Windows 7 computer. When I open my network tab, it lists my computer, wireless printer and scanner and even lists my Wireless access point but when I click on the wap icon, a window pops up and says: Windows can not access NETGEAR921CA8. I then run the diagnose and it says, The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected and then a yellow triangle with a exclamation in it. Any ideas or should I re install the WAP from scratch? Thanks for any help, Sean

Robert LaPlaca
09-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Sean, generally speaking most wireless access points don't allow administrative access via wireless interfaces, this is done to prevent someone from the outside to hack your access point. My guess is your Windows 7 machine is currently connected wirelessly to the the wireless access point, so you haven't met the physical security requirement built into the access point..

Sean Troy
09-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Sean, generally speaking most wireless access points don't allow administrative access via wireless interfaces, this is done to prevent someone from the outside to hack your access point. My guess is your Windows 7 machine is currently connected wirelessly to the the wireless access point, so you haven't met the physical security requirement built into the access point..
OK, that makes sense. I have a ethernet cable from the Modem/Wireless router to the access point.