PDA

View Full Version : Overall Dust Collection for table saw?

Jay Yoder
09-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Quick question...which is better; shop vac with (higher static/lower CFM) or Dust collector (Lower static but higher CFM)? for table saw guard dust collection? I have a shop vac ready for it, but was thinking tonight that maybe the dust collector would be better suited? I already have my Jet DC 1100 hooked up to the table saw cabinet. Any opinions?

Rod Sheridan
09-22-2014, 8:35 AM
Hi, my saw has a factory installed crown guard with a dust collection port (50mm).

I use the shop cyclone for dust collection from it.

The shop vacuum is going to be loud, and may not have a high enough quality filter to protect your lungs.............Rod.

David Kumm
09-22-2014, 9:04 AM
Your DC is likely too small to have the cfm under pressure to pull much air through a small port. Takes a pretty high pressure blower to deal with small pipe. Shop vac is loud but with your DC I think it will provide better flow through the overhead. Dave

J.R. Rutter
09-22-2014, 10:01 AM
If the overarm guard is large and open, then the shop DC is best. If it is narrow and close to the blade, then the shop vac is best.

Jay Yoder
09-22-2014, 12:46 PM
I was planning on using the one that came with the Jet deluxe table saw. It has a removable plexiglass top window that I was going swap out for one that has a slot to receive the crevice tool.