PDA

View Full Version : Capt. Eddie update anyone?

Bill White
09-21-2014, 5:35 PM
Have not heard how he's doin', and I didn't want to bother him with an email.
Bill

wes murphy
09-21-2014, 6:30 PM
9/20 5:30 AM Pacific Time; I just received a phone call from Management's sister. Eddie has developed a blood clot on the brain and is non responsive. He's being rushed back into surgery as I enter this. Surgery is expected to take several hours. Management, who is normally calm and collected is completely rattled and in no condition to talk on a phone.

9/20 He's out of surgery. The doctors are optimistic and keeping him sedated to let his brain heal. They said his brain was not impacted. We should be able to see him later. Thank you for your prayers.

Captain Eddie Castelin Update. 20 Sep 6:15 PM Pacific time.
Management just called me with an update. As you may have figured out, things were extremely serious this morning. The second surgery has corrected the problem and the doctors are pleased with the result. There was no need to cause any more "damage" than the first surgery as they were able to use the same entry point etc. He's been awake, but fades in and out. Up until the episode of this morning, he was wanting to go home right away, but cooler heads prevailed. Read: he doesn't get a vote in the matter. As it is now, he'll be in the hospital most of the week and may be home by next weekend. He's been made aware of all the prayers and good wishes from all you turners.

I'm happy to say Management sounds in real good spirits whereas she was really shook up (for good reason) this morning.

I understand Eddie plans to read all your comments when he gets home, so that's one of the reasons I've been stating the date and time on these updates.

Keep those thoughts and prayers headed his way though. He's not out of the woods until the doctor says "I don't want to see you anymore"

9/21 News this morning is that they moved him to the NeuroICU and are monitoring him. His brain is swelling (it's been through a lot) and he's being monitored - he seems a little confused this morning and they are atributing it to the swelling.

9/21 Visiting with dad now and he's back in Neuro ICU with TWO nurses just for him. They are watching him and his doctors are very pleased with his progress.

He's having swelling and is having a little trouble remembering some names and information. He knows the face but pulling info is a little hard for him. They told us its like a concussion - your brain has been bruised and swelling so you have to be careful not to get hit again any time soon. I think I see a nifty new turning helmet in his future.

You'll be very happy to know that if you say "Cap'n Eddie" he snaps to attention right away! (Smh).

Mostly he's spending his time sleeping deeply while his body heals itself. All of the women in his life are making sure that he has plenty of company and isn't left alone anymore. We want to make sure we can advocate for him anymore and so that they don't love him on us anymore. Management can't take that surprise one more time.

Thanks in advance for your prayers and words. I think he might be able to hear you guys! We will send an update again soon.

Thats current.

Keith Outten
09-21-2014, 8:29 PM
Prayers will be continuous from our family for Capt'n Eddie till he is on his feet and turning again.

Thomas Heck
09-21-2014, 8:38 PM
Praying for continuing healing from The Lord.

Reed Gray
09-21-2014, 9:00 PM
Keeping him in my thoughts as well.

robo hippy

Phil Rose
09-21-2014, 9:19 PM
Wishing the Cap'n the best!

Scott Brandstetter
09-21-2014, 9:24 PM
Prayers from Kentucky.

Shawn Pachlhofer
09-21-2014, 10:12 PM
9/20 5:30 AM Pacific Time; I just received a phone call from Management's sister. Eddie has developed a blood clot on the brain and is non responsive. He's being rushed back into surgery as I enter this. Surgery is expected to take several hours. Management, who is normally calm and collected is completely rattled and in no condition to talk on a phone.

9/20 He's out of surgery. The doctors are optimistic and keeping him sedated to let his brain heal. They said his brain was not impacted. We should be able to see him later. Thank you for your prayers.

Captain Eddie Castelin Update. 20 Sep 6:15 PM Pacific time.
Management just called me with an update. As you may have figured out, things were extremely serious this morning. The second surgery has corrected the problem and the doctors are pleased with the result. There was no need to cause any more "damage" than the first surgery as they were able to use the same entry point etc. He's been awake, but fades in and out. Up until the episode of this morning, he was wanting to go home right away, but cooler heads prevailed. Read: he doesn't get a vote in the matter. As it is now, he'll be in the hospital most of the week and may be home by next weekend. He's been made aware of all the prayers and good wishes from all you turners.

I'm happy to say Management sounds in real good spirits whereas she was really shook up (for good reason) this morning.

I understand Eddie plans to read all your comments when he gets home, so that's one of the reasons I've been stating the date and time on these updates.

Keep those thoughts and prayers headed his way though. He's not out of the woods until the doctor says "I don't want to see you anymore"

9/21 News this morning is that they moved him to the NeuroICU and are monitoring him. His brain is swelling (it's been through a lot) and he's being monitored - he seems a little confused this morning and they are atributing it to the swelling.

9/21 Visiting with dad now and he's back in Neuro ICU with TWO nurses just for him. They are watching him and his doctors are very pleased with his progress.

He's having swelling and is having a little trouble remembering some names and information. He knows the face but pulling info is a little hard for him. They told us its like a concussion - your brain has been bruised and swelling so you have to be careful not to get hit again any time soon. I think I see a nifty new turning helmet in his future.

You'll be very happy to know that if you say "Cap'n Eddie" he snaps to attention right away! (Smh).

Mostly he's spending his time sleeping deeply while his body heals itself. All of the women in his life are making sure that he has plenty of company and isn't left alone anymore. We want to make sure we can advocate for him anymore and so that they don't love him on us anymore. Management can't take that surprise one more time.

Thanks in advance for your prayers and words. I think he might be able to hear you guys! We will send an update again soon.

Thats current.

Was Capt Eddie injured while turning?

Justin Stephen
09-22-2014, 12:24 AM
Get well soon, Eddie!

Steve Schlumpf
09-22-2014, 12:55 AM
Been following this on Facebook... prayers sent for a full recovery!

Bill White
09-22-2014, 8:16 AM
Thanks Wes. We've gotta take care of the feller. He's too important.
Bill

Mike Null
09-22-2014, 8:31 AM
Best wishes for a complete recovery from a new member of the Cap'n Eddie fan club.

Thom Sturgill
09-22-2014, 8:47 AM
I will keep him in my thoughts. Hope he gets well soon.

Duane Meadows
09-22-2014, 8:49 AM
My prayer goes out to Capt Eddie also.

Ronald Campbell
09-22-2014, 9:07 AM
Thinking about him often. Hope he has a full recovery and returns to the lathe. Prayers

Jim Underwood
09-22-2014, 9:49 AM
Since this is the first I've heard of his injury, could someone fill me in?

Will pray for him and his family.

Shawn Pachlhofer
09-22-2014, 9:57 AM
Looking back at Facebook posts - it seems it was surgery to remove a tumor of some sort. It also looks like there was some post-op complications.

Hope he has a complete recovery soon!

Steve Schlumpf
09-22-2014, 10:09 AM
It was a brain tumor. Complications happened after surgery due to swelling of the injured area.

Richard Madden
09-22-2014, 11:36 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Capt. Eddie. Get well soon.

David Delo
09-22-2014, 1:47 PM
At our local (Pittsburgh, PA) turner's meeting on Saturday, we had a visitor from the Bayou chapter introduce himself right before the demo started. Numerous people chimed in with 2 words........Capt. Eddie!!!!Our demonstrator Dave Betler commented Capt. Eddie......Boy do I have a deal for you and everyone got a chuckle out of that. Best wishes Capt. Hope you make it back for many more deals.

Tom Giacomo
09-22-2014, 9:53 PM
Best wishes Capt. Eddie, I'm sure you will be better soon, all you have to do is watch.

Lori Kleinberg
09-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Capt. Eddie.

John RStegall
09-22-2014, 11:41 PM
Best of luck Cap'n Eddie. Wish you well and really look forward to seeing you "Makin Shavins" soon.

john

Joseph M Lary
09-23-2014, 9:05 PM
Praying for you .looking forward to seeing you again on you tube soon.

Lee Watermann
09-23-2014, 9:52 PM
I'm a member of his fan club and miss seeing him. I wish him well and back soon.

Glen Blanchard
09-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Been out of pocket for the last couple of weeks, so just now read of this. Capt. Eddie - prayers for a complete recovery!

Jim Meyer
09-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Prayers are with you for a quick recovey. Jim

Mikail Khan
09-25-2014, 8:11 AM
Best wishes Capt. Eddie.

Get well soon.

MK

Harold Wright
10-03-2014, 8:39 AM
What is the latest on Capn Eddie?

Bill White
10-03-2014, 10:09 AM
Check in on Facebook. Look up Eddie Castelin. Family is posting updates daily.
Slow recovery due to meds to keep him "blotto" for a while, but signs are good.
Bill

Stan Smith
10-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Capt. Eddie (via his video) taught me how to use a skew in minutes after I had tried for years to teach myself. We all wish you well and for a speed recovery, Capt. Eddie.

Joe Kieve
10-03-2014, 4:32 PM
Also a member of "the Capt. Eddie Fan Club". Prayers for a speedy recovery from Georgia.