PDA

View Full Version : Removing Tables from PJ -882HH Jointer

Matt Stack
09-20-2014, 7:08 AM
I am in the market for a new jointer. Debating over the 60HH and the 882HH. I have a basement shop so the logistics of getting it in the basement will factor in my decision. Whichever I choose I will have to hire movers.

The 882 is a pretty heavy machine to move to a basement. I think the move is doable if I take the tables off to lighten the load.

Has anyone removed the tables from the 882? How difficult were they to remove? Do they assembly easily? Any tips or recommendations are appreciated. Thank you.

joe maday
09-20-2014, 8:23 AM
Recently we purchased a used PM882hh jointer, we ( three peopke) just removed the fence, jointer from base and two people carried it out of the shop, into a pick-up truck, then out of truck, down side yard, up four steps and into shop..using a dolly when on flat gound...yes it was carried by the tables! but.....close to the main body. When we moved a dj-20, it had to go through a cellar window into a basement shop, we bolted the jointer body to two 2x4's countersinking the blots then carried ii like a stretcher and slid into basement. The point is.. there are plenty alternatives, removing tables should be the last resort, just have a lot of "hands"...( the PW felt twice as heavy as the delta)

Matt Stack
09-24-2014, 2:47 AM
Thanks Joe. My mover told me it'd be no problem getting it through my house. PJ 882HH was ordered yesterday!