PDA

View Full Version : New Series

John Beaver
09-19-2014, 10:47 PM
This is a new series I am working on
Changing the plane of the curvature on each side gives these pieces an interesting twist. The look changes as you walk around them.
C&C's Welcome

Brian Brown
09-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Very cool John. I really like sculptural pieces and these are great.

charlie knighton
09-20-2014, 7:37 AM
very nice, I like doing series also, new series get the creative juices flowing....you get back to one thing leads to another form....thanks for sharing

Roger Chandler
09-20-2014, 10:29 AM
These are very well done, John. What are the dimensions? Looks as if a combination of techniques were used on these........were they done multi-axis and mostly on the lathe, or is there some bandsaw work as well?

These are very attractive artwork sculptures........your addition of the bases really adds to the presentation.......congrats on this new series!

Eric Gourieux
09-20-2014, 11:20 AM
These are really creative. I can see a similar theme to your style of bowls.

Jeff Gilfor
09-21-2014, 8:29 AM
Wonderful series of shapes! I REALLY like the last two!!!

Dave Cullen
09-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

John Beaver
09-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks for all the comments.
Roger, these are all in the 11-14" diameter range. They are a combination of lathe and bandsaw work.

Gus Dundon
09-22-2014, 3:50 PM
This my new favorite set! Turned out really well. Designs are truly magnificent.

Steve Paxman
09-22-2014, 5:57 PM
John, just this past week I've been sort of looking around the web at images of your work, particularly on the wave bowls. I've got some idea of how a very basic wave bowl is done, but I'm struggling with having enough details to actually do it. And forget it when you're talking about the bowls you have with recessed (or protruding...) waves, and the like. Or lidded boxes.

Are there any video demonstrations out there on how to do a basic wave bowl, or detailed instructions somewhere, or whatever? I'm intrigued by the whole idea. These pieces are amazing, by the way.

Dale Gillaspy
09-22-2014, 6:57 PM
John, I said it on WOW, and I'll say it here.....Love this stuff. You have once again outdone yourself.