PDA

View Full Version : Welding Wood?? (Pics)

Richard Wolf
07-10-2005, 2:32 PM
Most people are not aware of this technology. I used wood welders in college in the 60's (boy there's some years I can't remember). The welder works by emitting high frequency radio waves that heat the glue and causes it to cure almost instantly.
You can use any water base glue, clamp as normal, and cure glue with the hand held unit. You can than process the wood any way you want. The glue will continue to cure.
I found this one on ebay for $500. List price is $4200.

Richard
Manufactures website with all the tech stuff is;
www.workriteinc.com/

Timo Christ
07-10-2005, 2:50 PM
Maybe I'm paranoid, but i wouldn't be comfortable working with a handheld microwave gun!

Lee DeRaud
07-10-2005, 2:50 PM
The welder works by emitting high frequency radio waves that heat the glue and causes it to cure almost instantly.Gee, why does the phrase "hand-held microwave oven" keep flashing into my head? :eek:

Jim Becker
07-10-2005, 2:52 PM
I think I'd want to be really careful about where that sucker is pointed!! ;) And I suspect Dr. SWMBO would agree...:o

Seriously, interesting "tool"!

John Lucas
07-10-2005, 2:53 PM
It sure would fry my pacemaker.

Ken Garlock
07-10-2005, 4:54 PM
I suspect that the machine is more like the diathermy used in some doctors offices and hospitals. These machines run in the 20 to 40 MHz area, and are of little consequence except to the material they contact.

Lee DeRaud
07-10-2005, 4:57 PM
I suspect that the machine is more like the diathermy used in some doctors offices and hospitals. These machines run in the 20 to 40 MHz area, and are of little consequence except to the material they contact.You're taking all the fun out of this thread. :cool:

Gary Max
07-10-2005, 5:26 PM
Heck I have seen several on Eday---a lot newer units---I thought it was a neat thought.

Richard Wolf
07-10-2005, 6:58 PM
I suspect that the machine is more like the diathermy used in some doctors offices and hospitals. These machines run in the 20 to 40 MHz area, and are of little consequence except to the material they contact.

So does that mean I can't cook hot dogs for lunch??
Why is it always about food?

Richard

Ken Garlock
07-10-2005, 7:05 PM
So does that mean I can't cook hot dogs for lunch??
Why is it always about food?

Richard

It should do hot dogs just fine :D Just be sure the dogs are between the probes. ;)

Mike Cutler
07-10-2005, 9:02 PM
"It should do hot dogs just fine Just be sure the dogs are between the probes. "

Ken. That's a neat little world you live in.

ROTFLOL in Griswold.

:D