PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Job Control 10.3 Remote Command Question

Eddie Castaneda
09-17-2014, 2:56 PM
Has anyone used this feature on your laser yet? And is their a "How to" for Setup?

Scott Shepherd
09-17-2014, 3:09 PM
You mean the remote? I used it this morning. Use it quit often. I'd rather use that on an iPad than the control panel for a lot of things.

Eddie Castaneda
09-17-2014, 4:12 PM
Scott that's the one! Is there a step by step to set it up?

Scott Shepherd
09-17-2014, 4:43 PM
I doubt it. Open the Settings in JCX, go to the "Remote" option, it should have an IP address, port number, and passcode. Open the app on your iPad or iPhone, go to "Add machine" or whatever the option looks like (maybe a "+" or something. It'll ask for the short name of the machine (you only get 2 characters, so they mean short), enter the IP address, Port, and pass code, and it should connect and you're all set.

Eddie Castaneda
09-17-2014, 4:52 PM
Thanks Scott! All I have to do now is buy an Ipad then I'll be set!

Scott Shepherd
09-17-2014, 5:03 PM
Thanks Scott! All I have to do now is buy an Ipad then I'll be set!

Careful, there's probably a new model coming out in October. They usually announce it then.

Eddie Castaneda
09-17-2014, 5:12 PM
I don't like to buy too new.... I like the IPAD 2 everything I would need

Scott Shepherd
09-17-2014, 5:57 PM
No problem with that, but if you wait until the new one's come out, they iPad 4th generation will cost what the 2 does now :)

I bought one from their refurb store and got what I think was a great deal.

john passek
09-17-2014, 9:37 PM
I've been trying to get my Iphone to connect, it shows the machine is connected at the top of the screen and the control buttons but they don't do anything when I press them.
Any Ideas as to what to do next.
There isn't much in the way of tutorials to show what the process is when you have trouble connecting remotely.

Scott Shepherd
09-17-2014, 10:26 PM
John, I'll try to remember to check it out tomorrow when I get to work.

Scott Shepherd
09-18-2014, 9:20 AM
John, when you go into JCX into the settings area, if you click on "Test" does the test succeed?

It's not much to it all, so if it's passing the test and not working, I'm going to be stumped. It's only the IP, Port, and passcode.

Eddie Castaneda
09-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks Scott! I will look at their refurb store.

Scott Shepherd
09-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Eddie, just for reference, my iPad refurb came FedEx directly from China (ordered from the Apple Store), it came in a sealed box, just like it was brand new. They replace all the covers, etc on it. If I handed you the box and the box from a brand new one, you'd have no way to tell it was a refurb. If you opened them at the same time, you'd still have no way of knowing. All the cables, and packaging was just as a new one would be.

It took 4 days to get it FedEx from China, once ordered. I can't get stuff from California in 4 days :)

Eddie Castaneda
09-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Very True Scott Very True

john passek
09-19-2014, 2:34 PM
Hi Scott
Yes it passes the test successfully and I can see the machine at the top but when I try to use the controls it doesn't do anything. I'm going to contact my tech person today and see what they have to say.
I'm wondering if it is a firmware issue as I am still in 10.2 because 10.3 crashes my system. They are trying to figure out why.
I will post an update when I hear anything.
Thanks for your help.

Chris Edens
09-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Here is a link to the manual to set up the app. I had to ask Trotec for it because they do not include it when you purchase a laser for some reason.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1363770/trotec_laser_remote_manual_en.pdf

I hope this helps

Kristina Jones
09-29-2014, 1:57 PM
Hi John - you need to make sure that the computer that is connected to the laser and your iPhone are connected to the same wifi signal. Also make sure that your IP address is static. Check to make sure that those are correct and that the IP, Port and password are all the same and you should be good to go.

john passek
09-30-2014, 9:53 PM
Thank you Kristina, I will double check but I have gone through the setup several times now with no success.

Chris J Anderson
09-30-2014, 11:49 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the advantage to using your iPad / iPhone, and would my 3 year old Speedy 300 be compatible ?

I am connected on a long wire with USB extender, and very now and then the connection 'breaks'.

For this reason I am interested.

Cheers,
Chris

Scott Shepherd
10-01-2014, 8:17 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the advantage to using your iPad / iPhone, and would my 3 year old Speedy 300 be compatible ?

I am connected on a long wire with USB extender, and very now and then the connection 'breaks'.

For this reason I am interested.

Cheers,
Chris

Yes, it will work with your 3 year old Speedy 300! The advantages are, firstly, it gives you the ability to set the home position from the app. They put a new button on the machines, that allows you to move the head to a point, hold the button down and it snaps the job to your new position. Without that new button, we have to move the job in job control to that location. No big deal, but it's nice to just hold a button and have the job snap to the position. Then it shows a timer on the job. So I can take the iPad to my desk while something is engraving (I don't leave the machine much when it's cutting), and I can see the progress from my desk, which makes my work flow a little easier.

It has the potential to be a great app, but sadly, it's not been updated since it was released, that I am aware of. A few more tools on there (like being able to delete that demo machine) and it would be great.