PDA

View Full Version : Gravograph IS400 vs Vision 1212

John Jackson
09-17-2014, 9:41 AM
I am shopping for a used rotary engraver primarily to do diamond drag. I have an old New Hermes 1219 that I rescued and fitted up with a cheap chinese CNC controller, and while it works fine for rotary plastic the diamond drag is crappy. It also has a few other issues.

Most of my plastic engraving is done on my Laser now.

Note: I am in Canada and I am trying to purchase within Canada to avoid expensive shipping and customs, etc.

I have a lead on a Gravograph IS400 with a few cutters and GravoStyle software, asking price $5500 canadian.

I have a lead on a Vision 1212 with cutters, also included is a Ricoh sublimation printer and an old heat press, and several cases of trophy parts for $6000.

Any comments what would be a better choice? Anything on either machine I need to check out before make a decision?

Thanks,

John

Mike Null
09-17-2014, 10:25 AM
I don't know if Newing Hall fits into your equation but for diamond drag it's hard to beat. That is most of the work I do with mine and the results have been excellent for the several years I've had it.

John Jackson
09-21-2014, 9:54 AM
Since posting this ad I have turned up all sorts of used engraving equipment. Xenetech 1625, Newing Hall 400, Vanguard 7000 etc. at a complete range of prices.

I also found that my diamond drag quality issues might not be the controller at all, but gantry wear and tear.

And while all this was going on I picked up a New Hermes Vanguard Orbiter without a controller which someday I will convert to a CNC type interface.