PDA

View Full Version : Speedy 300 Need Help - FIXED :)

Greg W Watson
09-16-2014, 10:40 PM
I took the mirrors 2 & 3 off tonight to clean them. They are SPOTLESS, SPOTLESS SPOTLESS, and so is the lens. I put it all back together and now the beam does not seem to be cutting right. I attempted to cut some 1/8 thick acrylic with the same settings I always use and it did not cut through, not even close to all the way. I took everything apart and put it back and still no go. The laser pointer and beam dont seem to be in the same place any longer and I just don't know what to do I have never had this issue before.

Greg

Robert Tepper
09-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Did you replace the mirrors in the same location?

Greg W Watson
09-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Yes I did I triple checked

Mike Null
09-17-2014, 6:07 AM
It sounds like you have knocked the beam out of alignment perhaps by loosening a screw that shouldn't have been touched. I think at the least you have to check the beam alignment. I believe the instructions are in the manual. If not, tech support will send the file to you.

Greg W Watson
09-17-2014, 7:55 AM
Ok so I got some instructions and I have no clue how but I somehow knocked the beam out of alignment. I got everything all aligned and it is working again as it did before. I never had to do that before but now I know how I will be able to check it often. Thank you so much to Mike and especially Robert for the private messages to get me on the right track.

Greg

Mike Null
09-17-2014, 8:55 AM
Glad to hear you've solved your issue and can fix it again should it happen. Sorry, but I couldn't locate my instruction document.

Robert Tepper
09-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Glad you nailed it, it sounded like you loosened the wrong bolt.

Robert