PDA

View Full Version : Chili weather...

Justin Ludwig
09-13-2014, 8:02 PM
All last week we had a heat index over 100F. Today the high was 65. I'm in "Suthern Arcansass".

It's nice to be able to make a big ol' pot of chili and wear britches again. I love cool weather.

Matt Day
09-13-2014, 8:06 PM
65 is fine with me, it's all those zero degree days that I hate.

I enjoy the first couple weeks of wearing long pants, then I wish it was shorts and t shirt weather again!

Our temps plummeted from being 80+ to below 60. I guess fall is here already?

Steve Rozmiarek
09-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Had the earliest measurable snow in recorded history here a couple days days ago. We skipped fall! I agree, collage football and chilli weather is awesome.

David G Baker
09-14-2014, 1:29 PM
It was 34 degrees here in Mid Michigan when I got up this morning. The heater has been coming on for the past few days.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-14-2014, 1:41 PM
My brother lives in Gillette, WY.

He sent me an email Thursday morning with 3 photos....here's one of them.....the other two were similar....

When he sent the photo he said he measured 7 1/2" and it was still falling.

It's coming and I'm scrambling to finish painting my home's exterior.

Greg R Bradley
09-14-2014, 1:44 PM
I will take some of that.

I was out mowing and edging my lawn this morning, finishing as the sun was coming up. It was already 77 at sunrise, headed for 106.

Joe Pelonio
09-14-2014, 1:45 PM
My brother lives in Gillette, WY.

He sent me an email Thursday morning with 3 photos....here's one of them.....the other two were similar....

When he sent the photo he said he measured 7 1/2" and it was still falling.

It's coming and I'm scrambling to finish painting my home's exterior.
Wo, that's amazing for September. We got down to 50 last night but it's now 74, on the way to the high 80s this afternoon and low 90s tomorrow.

Jerome Stanek
09-14-2014, 3:04 PM
sitting here with a flannel shirt on and still chilly and wife refuses to run the heat. Was down to 42 this morning

George Bokros
09-14-2014, 3:09 PM
Same here Jerry. Cold but not cold enough to turn on the heat in the house.

Hope we are no in for another polar vortex winter. We had more snow last winter than I want to see again. Living on the south western edge of the northeast Ohio snow belt sucks.

Justin Ludwig
09-14-2014, 3:24 PM
I won't turn the heater on until the Mrs. forces me to. She's the type to be bundled up in the house with the thermostat at 73, while I'm shirtless and panting to stay cool.

Joe Pelonio
09-14-2014, 3:35 PM
I won't turn the heater on until the Mrs. forces me to. She's the type to be bundled up in the house with the thermostat at 73, while I'm shirtless and panting to stay cool.

Same here, and a daughter still at home is the same way with a hoodie at 70. I don't like the $300 gas/electric bill we get in winter so I like to postpone it as long as possible.

Bert Kemp
09-14-2014, 7:32 PM
Was reading this to my GF cause we sound like you, but she says its because I have 10 times the insulation she does, is that how you are too.:D

Justin Ludwig
09-14-2014, 8:19 PM
Was reading this to my GF cause we sound like you, but she says its because I have 10 times the insulation she does, is that how you are too.:D

Ha! I'm 6'3" 210lbs. Tall and lean. I have a year time chest sweater though, and I'm just naturally hot. I have to wear wrist sweat bands all summer, otherwise I'd drip sweat all over the cabinets. Sanding sweat marks is HUGE bane.