PDA

View Full Version : New Bad Axe Dovetail saw

Jeff Hamilton
09-12-2014, 12:50 AM
This new Bad Axe Dovetail saw is on its way home. I can't wait. Since becoming a tool maker over 10 years ago I have not had much time to do what I really love, make furniture. I hope this new saw will help jump start a new project in the shop that is not a tool.

:)296520

Hilton Ralphs
09-12-2014, 1:14 AM
That looks seriously sweet! Congrats.

george wilson
09-12-2014, 8:00 AM
Nice handle. Lose the huge medallion,though. Handle cheek is too small for it.

Malcolm Schweizer
09-12-2014, 8:09 AM
So seeing as it is pictured next to two marking gauges, can we assume the barter system is still alive and well at Bad Axe?

I love the black with the maple.

daniel lane
09-12-2014, 3:13 PM
Nice saw! I'm still trying to perfect my technique so I can then complain about the saw and get a new one.

BTW, Jeff, seeing you reminds me that my 5yo son loves the panel and marking gauges I bought a couple of years ago. He wants to make a marking gauge, too, for himself.

daniel

Cody Kemble
09-12-2014, 10:52 PM
My Bad Axe is what made me learn how to cut dovetails by hand. I ordered it while I was deployed and Mark delt with all the trouble of contacting a submarine to get the details for my saw. I cannot say enough about the effort he put into making the saw for my specific needs.

ken hatch
09-13-2014, 3:20 AM
I'm in La Crosse for the Fall sharpening class as I type. It is good to see the operation and the thought that goes into the Bad Axe saws. Congrats for your new saw, I'm sure it will serve you well.