PDA

View Full Version : coreldraw x5

Ginger Vogel
09-11-2014, 7:48 AM
This just started happening. I cannot open the color palette. When I try to open it, just moving the mouse overtop the word color palette causes corel to crash. I have restarted corel to the default (f8) when starting. I have unistalled and reinstalled... 3 times. This has not helped. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Mayo Pardo
09-12-2014, 1:42 AM
I don't know a specific fix however searching online revealed 3 possible answers -
Reinstall by inserting the DVD and make the choice to repair,
Copy the palette files from a different working computer,
Check your undo settings and if it's set at the default of 99, reduce it.

I use a setting of 10 undo levels but I don't do extremely detailed designs either.

Ginger Vogel
09-12-2014, 7:17 AM
Forgot to mention I also tried the repair. However, I will try your other suggestions. Thanks for your input. I'll let you know the outcome.

Mike Null
09-12-2014, 7:59 AM
Ginger

How about trying a "restore" to a time when your pc was functioning properly. I suspect that a recent update may be the problem. I am using X5 on both of my pc's, XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro and haven't seen the issue.

Ginger Vogel
09-12-2014, 3:08 PM
Okay guys, I tried all the above except for copying palette from another computer. I received an email from a customer with a pantone colored logo. When I opened it in corel a window popped up asking me which pantone color palette I wanted to open with it. I selected one and then..... I got back ALL my color palettes. Weird huh? Then again maybe not so weird. I know how to work in CorelDraw, I just don't know how CorelDraw works...lol. Thank you guys for your help, it is greatly appreciated. Hope you have a great weekend!!!!

Mike Null
09-12-2014, 3:55 PM
Glad you got it "fixed".