PDA

View Full Version : Vison series 1 controller

Lee Garrison
09-10-2014, 6:00 AM
I have a vision 24x24 phoenix controlled by a series 1 controller. I got it "broken" from DRMO with 2 controllers. I fixed what was wrong with it and have gotten 4 years out of it after it was retired as scrap. It was originally bought in 1995 or 1996. Vision won't do anything with it, they want 6k for a series 4 controller and can't tell me if it is even compatible with this old of a machine.

I need info on where i can possibly send this for repair, by a used working series 1 controller or a used series 2 or 3 controller.
I retrofitted a series 3 to the sister machine to this one it is a 12x16 phoenix i think...
Or if there is a semi easy retrofit for a diy controller using corel draw that would be great too.

thanks for any help you all can provide!

Mike Null
09-10-2014, 7:35 AM
Contact Fred at Quality One engravers. http://www.q1engravers.com/

welcome to SMC.

Nick Michalares
09-10-2014, 7:58 AM
I need info on where i can possibly send this for repair, by a used working series 1 controller or a used series 2 or 3 controller.
I retrofitted a series 3 to the sister machine to this one it is a 12x16 phoenix i think...
Or if there is a semi easy retrofit for a diy controller using corel draw that would be great too.

Vision no longer has main boards for those controllers and cannot get any made. You don't see lots of used Vision equipment available, that table is most likely a real brute, they last pretty good. If you get a used controller, make sure it has the right output for the spindle motor. there were 2 types available, one for the 24V phoenix, the other for the bigger motor used on machines like yours.

Fred at Q1 is probably the best for an upgrade.

Lee Garrison
09-11-2014, 3:29 AM
Contacted Q1 engravers not sure if Fred will see it. hopefully I can get a cheaper than $6k resolution....
Just picked up another machine.... is900
I love DRMO..... Just had to get a board on the controller fixed... case of beer and the part.