PDA

View Full Version : ? for GA Sawmillers (or others)

Mike Parzych
07-09-2005, 8:42 AM
Do any of you have experience with this outfit?
http://www.rarewoodsandveneers.com/pages/home.htm
The species pictures seem almost too good to be true.

mike malone
07-09-2005, 9:37 AM
...only that they've had 60,000 customers...DAMHIKTH
regards.

Bob Noles
07-09-2005, 2:19 PM
Mike,

I am pretty sure this is the same fellow that had a display at Lakewood Antique Fair a couple of months ago. I was very impressed with his veneers and he had a huge selection. I did not make a purchase as I was not in the market at that time so this is all the help I can offer.

Joseph O'Leary
07-09-2005, 2:25 PM
Hi Mike,

I bought 3 pieces of very nice crotched mahogany from them about two years ago. My wife, the Architect and designer of the piece, was really impressed with his selection. She also said that the owner was very helpful. When I get home later I will post a picture of the finished piece.

Mike Parzych
07-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check into his place - ho sure does seem to hae some interesting stuff.

Joseph O'Leary
07-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Here are some pictures of the wall unit I made with their veneer. This was the first time I every used veneer.

Mike Parzych
07-10-2005, 8:48 AM
Outstanding. I really like the simplicity and color choices that let the veneer take center stage. What is the veneer on the back of the unit - amboyna, or however it's spelled?

Joseph O'Leary
07-10-2005, 4:30 PM
The back is the wall with a ragged on faux finish.:)

Mike Parzych
07-10-2005, 7:10 PM
You know, after I look at it some I kinda thought that's what it might be. I tried that once. When I was done it just looked like a paint can had exploded. I'll leave that to the true artists.

In any case, it still looks great.

Bartee Lamar
07-10-2005, 8:31 PM
If you are in the Atlanta Area, this is a MUST see place.

Take the time to talk and really let him know what you want.