PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0634 Problem

David Dalzell
09-09-2014, 1:25 PM
The jointer/planer will randomly (in time) shut off. A Grizzly technician suggested that I adjust the pressure on the "Limit Switch". He said if it is set too light, then vibration may cause it to open and thus turn off the machine. Well I looked in the Owner's manual. I find the Limit Switch Breakdown & List, but no description of where the switch is physically located or how to adjust it. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

jonathan eagle
09-09-2014, 2:27 PM
The jointer/planer will randomly (in time) shut off. A Grizzly technician suggested that I adjust the pressure on the "Limit Switch". He said if it is set too light, then vibration may cause it to open and thus turn off the machine. Well I looked in the Owner's manual. I find the Limit Switch Breakdown & List, but no description of where the switch is physically located or how to adjust it. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

There's a photo on page 53 of the manual.
I can fish around looking on mine.
Jonathan

Bill Orbine
09-09-2014, 2:53 PM
Weird! Nothing said about the limit switch in the manual except for parts break down.

Follow the wires leading from the magnetic control box... You got a supply/power cord going in, a feed to the motor so those two are eliminated. The other is one leading to both the emergency stop and the limit switch. You'll see that in the manual, and if drawn properly, that the wires (a black and a white shrouded in black) should come out the top of the control box.

jonathan eagle
09-09-2014, 3:00 PM

photo

David Dalzell
09-09-2014, 6:40 PM
Well I posted the same question on Woodnet forum and got an answer. I tried what was suggested and it works. I was assuming some sort of mechanical adjustment, but it is actually an electrical adjustment. Inside the on/off switch box there is a round knob that can be adjusted. I used the machine in both jointer and planer mode, after adjusting, and had no shut off problem.