PDA

View Full Version : Festool Vacuum Down (CT22)

Vince Shriver
09-07-2014, 9:15 PM
Changed the bag (which was very very much over due). After installing the new bag, closed it up and wella _ NO SUCTION! Got exhaust coming out of the bottom, but nothing out of the inlet port. Something must have come loose - any ideas. Thanks, Vince

Todd Burch
09-07-2014, 9:26 PM
Did you check your filters? Is your bag installed tightly on the port?

Robert Parent
09-08-2014, 5:10 PM
If you have exhaust but no inlet vacuum then my logic would say that there is something other than the normal inlet allowing air into the system. You can't have nothing at the inlet and something at the exhaust, air has to come from someplace..... I would look from the bag connection to the hose connections as on my CT22 the connection to the bag is in the middle of the vac. I don't remember how the air is piped in the vac and I am not at the shop to look.

Larry Frank
09-08-2014, 8:01 PM
Give a call to Festool customer service. They have been really nice when I have had a question.

Vince Shriver
09-08-2014, 9:24 PM
I'm embarrassed to post this, but after following up with an "off the top of my head" diagnosis from a Festool tech, I doubled checked to see the thing was closed up tight. It wasn't. A couple brackets on the handle turned in such a way to keep the lid open. It's closed now and that thing really sucks (in a good way)! Anyway, thank you for the thoughtful replies.