PDA

View Full Version : AWC 608 low pass filter or high pass filter

randy bates
09-05-2014, 9:04 PM
I know this has probably been asked before I have done a search but no luck I have a k40 laser I'll just have a AWC 608 controller I've got the controller working on the bench test and I'm ready to install it into the laser but my power supply does not have a PWM so I want to use the analog from the controller to adjust the power of the laser can I use a low pass filter or a high pass filter or what do I need to get to work Thanks in Advance

Dan Hintz
09-05-2014, 9:57 PM
I know this has probably been asked before I have done a search but no luck I have a k40 laser I'll just have a AWC 608 controller I've got the controller working on the bench test and I'm ready to install it into the laser but my power supply does not have a PWM so I want to use the analog from the controller to adjust the power of the laser can I use a low pass filter or a high pass filter or what do I need to get to work Thanks in Advance

You cannot create a PWM signal from an analog one without some amount of electronics. A smoothing filter is only appropriate when you're trying to go in the other direction.

randy bates
09-05-2014, 10:02 PM
I want to create a analog signal from the PWM that comes from the awc608 my PSU it a analog 0-5v or am i thanks wrong it want be the first time Thanks

Glen Monaghan
09-06-2014, 12:14 AM
A properly configured low pass filter can be used on a PWM signal to produce an analog counterpart, although it likely won't produce the exact output voltage curve you'll want (without an amplifier to adjust the slope and possibly the intercepts). You have to get the cutoff frequency right for the PWM signal, and the ripple adequate for the power supply to tolerate.

randy bates
09-07-2014, 6:31 AM
Hi OK thank for the help need little more i found this one he says the it does have a PWM can you tell me if it does before i order it

ebaycom/itm/40W-Laser-Power-Supply-for-CO2-Laser-Engraving-Cutting-Engraver-Machine-110v-/200973543136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecaf4e6e0