PDA

View Full Version : Amplifier Boards on an Epilog EXT

Shawn Handley
09-05-2014, 4:20 PM
Greetings,

Can someone tell me which way the amplifier boards go on an Epilog EXT machine? I took them out and stumbled a bit to have them gently land in all sorts of directions.
Time is a major factor here and Epilog is not picking up their phone right now.

Much thanks!!

Mike Null
09-06-2014, 7:09 AM
Shawn

Forgive the question but is there no schematic in your manual or software help file?

Shawn Handley
09-06-2014, 9:29 AM
Surprisingly, nothing I can find.

Shawn Handley
09-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Anyone at all? Please?

If you take the left cover off the machine, you can pretty much see which way the card is positioned. Please see the photos and quick questions below.

This is on the left of the machine, looking towards the rear, right above the motherboard. Can you see the three pins as circled in red or no?
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp280/Shandleyman/Engraving/IMG_2427_zps62d8ff28.jpg (http://s419.photobucket.com/user/Shandleyman/media/Engraving/IMG_2427_zps62d8ff28.jpg.html)

This is on the left side, looking into the machine, right by the x-axis motor. Can you see the silver capacitor through the holes in the black cover as circled in red or no?
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp280/Shandleyman/Engraving/IMG_2426_zps0d6e8bbc.jpg (http://s419.photobucket.com/user/Shandleyman/media/Engraving/IMG_2426_zps0d6e8bbc.jpg.html)

Martin Boekers
09-08-2014, 3:04 PM
Shawn, They haven't got back to you yet? Have you emailed them? Sometimes that works quicker.

I have an EXT 75watt Each about 8years old, should be similar though. It seems when I was trouble shooting the boards
the were interchangeable, that's how we knew which on was bad. It's been a while since I did that. If you need a photo
of mine I can do it after we close 4:30 Central time. Let me know.

Shawn Handley
09-08-2014, 3:33 PM
I sure could use a photo. Thank you, Martin!

Martin Boekers
09-08-2014, 6:25 PM
Are you online?

Martin Boekers
09-08-2014, 6:32 PM
Here are the photos, hope they help. I took the cover off the one by the X-Axis Motor to see it better.

Shawn Handley
09-08-2014, 7:57 PM
Here are the photos, hope they help. I took the cover off the one by the X-Axis Motor to see it better.

Thank you so much! It's the opposite of the photos that Epilog sent me causing a full day's downtime (plus a weekend) and they were certain they were correct *shakes head in a disappointed fashion* Who knows what damage was caused by that.

I honestly hope they make good on their errors.

Thanks again!

Martin Boekers
09-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Good morning,

If their information damaged something they will cover replacements... Down town though there isn't much they can do on that...

It's been a while since I replaced one of these boards, it seems that that the only fit one way, not 100% sure though. I do recall
swapping the positions of the two and by testing in the other position we could tell which board was bad.

I have often wondered why they don't make a High Quality video showing testing procedures and replacing new parts. This goes
for all Laser Manufacturers, it seems to me every time someone calls with an issue the tech rep has to re-create "The Wheel" per say.

Shawn Handley
09-09-2014, 10:37 AM
They are taking ZERO responsibility and still think they were right. I'm not going to get any "free" replacement parts from them. It's sad. It's a finicky machine but it works... just a few changes and it would have been great. Who puts a linear encoder strip that easily gets dirty and malfunctions when there is a comparative encoder on the motor?? That's just asking for problems.

I can see that with equal pin counts and nothing blocked off, they can go in either way, at least with my machine.

"The Wheel" you speak of gets people in the door. We all know what happens after that but I am with you. Make a video (or even a service manual WITH exploded parts and diagrams). Oh well. Looks like we may be scrapping the whole machine. Enough is sometimes enough. Hey Trotec! Are you out there?? :)

Martin Boekers
09-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Who did you work with in tech service?

Martin Boekers
09-09-2014, 10:44 AM
PM me if you like.

Shawn Handley
09-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Brian J for the majority and Brian D for when Brian J was insistent that his backwards picture was correct. In a minute, Ian, but likely in the future, no one.