PDA

View Full Version : I'm Baaaaak

William Young SE BC
09-04-2014, 3:49 PM
Haven't logged in here for a long time . Been a member for many years but just so many sites and not enough time .
Scanned through a bunch of topics and didn't really see any of my old buddies that used to be here so will keep looking but nice to see a bunch of new ones .

Happy woodworking to all and have a good day .

Garth Sheane
09-05-2014, 1:03 PM
Hi Bill,
I'm pretty new to Sawmill Creek myself, and I'm not a frequent poster. But I remember you from years ago on the old Canadian site, and from time to time wondered what became of you. Are you still "specializing" in fret saw work? I remember some of the projects you showed in pictures. You were one of these guys that was so good at their craft that companies were giving you freebies to test their products.

BTW, I'm in Campbell River.

William Young SE BC
09-05-2014, 1:47 PM
Hi Bill,
I'm pretty new to Sawmill Creek myself, and I'm not a frequent poster. But I remember you from years ago on the old Canadian site, and from time to time wondered what became of you. Are you still "specializing" in fret saw work? I remember some of the projects you showed in pictures. You were one of these guys that was so good at their craft that companies were giving you freebies to test their products.

BTW, I'm in Campbell River.

Nice to hear from you again Garth.
I got out of doing fretwork years ago when that sort of thing was not very saleable anymore . I got into various forms of wood turning and have made over three hundred of this type of bowls in the past two years and they sell real good because they are so unique compared to ones made from hogging out the insides of a big block of wood like I used to .

Chris Padilla
09-05-2014, 2:55 PM
You were gone? ;) :D

Rod Sheridan
09-06-2014, 5:55 PM
Hi Bill, nice to have you back.

I lived in Vernon, went to school in Toronto and stayed because the jobs were here.............Rod.

William Young SE BC
09-06-2014, 6:50 PM
Hi Rod.
Nice to see another member that was originally from out west here.

I moved out west from the Owen Sound Ontario back in the 80's when I had a music store. I used to go to Toronto every Wednesday for supplies .
I don't miss the weather you guys have back east . We had a wonderful winter here last year. Had the snow blower out twice for 3 or 4 inches of snow each time .