PDA

View Full Version : Power Outage

Chelsea Williams
09-03-2014, 6:47 PM
Our shop recently had a power outage, and now my computer will no longer talk to my epilog mini. My laser simply will not read that I have sent a job to it. Last time I connected my computer to the laser it took tech support two hours. I use illustrator CC a Ethernet connection. Is there any easier way to reconnect the laser back to the computer without uninstalling the laser and reinstalling it all?

CW

Kevin Gregerson
09-03-2014, 6:53 PM
Our shop recently had a power outage, and now my computer will no longer talk to my epilog mini. My laser simply will not read that I have sent a job to it. Last time I connected my computer to the laser it took tech support two hours. I use illustrator CC a Ethernet connection. Is there any easier way to reconnect the laser back to the computer without uninstalling the laser and reinstalling it all?

CW

If you are using an ethernet, it's most likely that you are using a DHCP within your network and when the power came back up it automatically reassigned it a different address. Try seeing what the new ip address is for your laser and go into the printer driver and change it to that IP address. Or go into the printer driver and look for the old IP and change it on the system.

Chris J Anderson
09-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Also just try a USB connection to see if that works.

My Epilog Helix ethernet board has failed, so I just use USB.

I use a USB extender and still run the USB through my office network cables.