PDA

View Full Version : Cermark and ceramic help

Jodi Sands
09-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Hi all! I'm sure this has been touched on somewhere before I just can't find it! My question is about using Cermark on ceramic tiles. I tried it tonight for the first time. I was hoping it would work on white granite but I'm now assuming, since it was a complete failure, that it doesn't. So I switched to ceramic. I was able to get it to work somewhat but not as well as I would have liked. I did a picture as well as text and the picture had no detail to it, it just looked sloppy and the text wasn't sharp so I scrubbed it under water and most of it washed off. What am I doing wrong? I ran it at 80% power at about 50% speed.

Boss LS-1630 60w
Engravelab
Photo Laser

Dee Gallo
09-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Jodi,

If you are using LMM-6000 (laser marking METAL), it does not work on ceramic or glass. You need LMC (laser marking CERAMIC). You would use settings something like: 40 power/15 speed/500 dpi. If it turns blue-grey, it means you used too much power or went too slowly. It should turn black. Make sure you put it on with an airbrush in an even coat. If it's too thin the mark will be washed out. If you apply it too thick, it will not bond well.

Jodi Sands
09-03-2014, 1:44 AM
Jodi,

If you are using LMM-6000 (laser marking METAL), it does not work on ceramic or glass. You need LMC (laser marking CERAMIC). You would use settings something like: 40 power/15 speed/500 dpi. If it turns blue-grey, it means you used too much power or went too slowly. It should turn black. Make sure you put it on with an airbrush in an even coat. If it's too thin the mark will be washed out. If you apply it too thick, it will not bond well.
I am using LMC. It's turning black it's just not looking crisp at all and wet and dry it's rubbing off.