PDA

View Full Version : I need help finding a router bit

Steve Roxberg
07-08-2005, 3:03 PM
I have some cabinets that I need to duplicate. Their hinges are adjustable and ride in slots cut in both the door and frame. The slot has a circular cutout on one half.

I believe Kreg used to sell these, but I don't see them on their site and I need one.

Any ideas on where to find it. If I knew what they were called I could google it.

Thanks

Dave Brandt
07-08-2005, 3:18 PM
Not sure, but you may be thinking of Blum hinges?

Jamie Buxton
07-08-2005, 3:35 PM
That hinge is called a double demountable. Amerock is the only distributor which still sells them. Amana makes the bits. List price from either Amerock or Amana is in the $70 area for each. If you shop carefully on the web you can find them for less.

http://www.amanatool.com/bits-fv/48100.html

One thing to be aware of is that the bits have a 3/8" shaft, so you'll need a 3/8" collet or an adapter for your 1/2" collet.

Roger Everett
07-08-2005, 3:38 PM
Steve :
You might check a Rockler catalog or online, they seem to carry a fairly complete line of hinges, otherwise if you could post a pic, it would be helpfull. I haven't seen any hardware ( hinges , slides, etc. ) that Kreg carries that aren't avail. elsewhere.
Roger

Bill Fields
07-08-2005, 3:44 PM
Steve:

I'm looking at the Rockler catalog and I believethe Blum hinge tools are #31077.

Best call them to make sure as it's not all that clear to me--as one not having experience with these hinges. 1-800-233-9359.

Bill Fields

Steve Roxberg
07-08-2005, 3:57 PM
That hinge is called a double demountable. Amerock is the only distributor which still sells them. Amana makes the bits. List price from either Amerock or Amana is in the $70 area for each. If you shop carefully on the web you can find them for less.

http://www.amanatool.com/bits-fv/48100.html

One thing to be aware of is that the bits have a 3/8" shaft, so you'll need a 3/8" collet or an adapter for your 1/2" collet.

Jamie is the winner, that is exactly what I was looking for. 48101 has a 1/2 shaft so that's the one I'm going with.

Thanks again for the help, I love this site.

John Gregory
07-08-2005, 5:56 PM
Folks at the creek simply amaze me. There is little limit to the knowledge they have and are willing to share. I have the same hinges in my home, circ 1976. I didn't think they were still used. SMC is a great place to be