PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
09-02-2014, 9:30 AM
2 Sep 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
Been a VERY busy week for me since we are in the final stages of the construction project. The MIL has started moving in and really looking forward to having her own place to stay and be around caring family. If it all goes well, she should start staying in her own place beginning the end of this week. I still have a lot of caulking and painting to get done and more topsoil to get delivered but we are getting really close. I am hoping to have pics ready to post in the next 2 weeks.

Back to the daily grind today and that's all for me...so what did YOU do this past holiday weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dave Cullen
09-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Spent 3 days in the workshop working on a breadboard that has a definite delivery date. Much to the dismay of my brother, who wanted to go riding motorcycles, since Labor Day is "end of Summer" and days are getting shorter. Got the first level glue-up done and made lots of sawdust. I really need to address dust collection if I'm going to do more flatwork.

Shawn Pixley
09-02-2014, 10:31 AM
SWMBO has been the point person for the renovation of the jewelry / lapidary shop by the city. It is finally complete and the new lease has been signed and fully executed. We spend a good part of Saturday and Sunday cleaning it before the big move next weekend. There were a number of club members who helped. Monday I prepped the stock, trued and squared panels and cut the dovetails for a saw till I am building. I need to do the pins now and hope to work on that during the week.

Garth Almgren
09-02-2014, 1:33 PM
Saturday I finished gluing up the torsion box for my wife's craft room cutting table, now I just need to get some Formica, flush-trim it, and cover up the edges and it'll be ready to mount on the cabinet bases my cousin gave me.
Sunday I went to my local Pick-n-pull salvage yard to get some parts for my Jeep, then went shopping at the Borg for some wood for my dust collector modifications.
Yesterday, I installed the parts I had picked up for my Jeep, made some sawdust building the Thein separator for my dust collector (thus highlighting the need for dust collection), and mowed the lawn after my router kicked the bucket again.

I'm really displeased with the quality of this router and wouldn't recommend it to anybody (I got it as a gift a few years ago) - it's a Craftsman 2HP, model 135.17508, and it appears to be just a rebranded Skil 1815. It has maybe 2 hours of medium-duty usage on it, but so far it seems to have a tendency to eat brushes for lunch. Yesterday, it died right at the end of routing a circular 3/8" groove in three very light passes - bits of melted copper started falling out and it made some really bad noises. Didn't smell great either. Luckily the brushes are pretty cheap (I'll give it one more chance), and I have an old Rockwell 100 in my table saw's wing that I can use to finish up my two projects if I need to.

John Sanford
09-03-2014, 6:04 AM
Built a cordless drill & charger station.

Organized all of my hardware and such. You know, the fiddly little stuff that takes hours to go through...

Made three "carrying caddies" for some of the hardware bins.

Mounted my air hose reel.

In one sense it doesn't seem like much, but ... I've finally gotten the hardware organized after moving my shop up here three years ago. I'm not cranking through my shop projects nearly as quickly as I would like now, but I am cranking through them.

Justin Ludwig
09-03-2014, 8:45 AM
I ate lemon pie. Then I took an insulin-spike induced nap.