PDA

View Full Version : Machine turns on but control panel and control/display screen do not operate

daniel coyle
09-01-2014, 9:15 PM
Earlier in the summer I started a thread about my machine because it

shut down in the middle of a job by tripping the circuit in my shop
seemingly broke the Power Supply in the process of this

I sent the PS (and the transfer board) back to China for repair and later diagnosed the problem as a faulty power strip (or, at least, I think) that I had been using to connect all of the 120V accessories (pump, water chiller, exhaust etc.) and the 120-240 1500W step up convertor that the 240v laser runs off. I did this so that I would foolproof myself from running the laser without the water chiller going. Now that I have the PS and transfer board back and installed I have hooked the machine directly up to my 240V outlet. The machine turns on, the fan on the PS supply is going, but the display on the control panel is blank and the control panel is not working. The machine does not move back to the origin/zero on the table. See in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-g8bVajps&feature=youtu.be
Any ideas on what might be going on here? Might I have damaged some other piece that is now preventing normal operation?
Dan

Rich Harman
09-01-2014, 9:43 PM
I once had a similar problem. The cable that connected the LCD to the main board had come loose.

Lucy Lee
09-01-2014, 9:50 PM
Yes, first to check any wires loose ? if mo loose ,then use computer to control machine, if this can work,maybe the LED is something wrong or the worst the card with problems

Earlier in the summer I started a thread about my machine because it

shut down in the middle of a job by tripping the circuit in my shop
seemingly broke the Power Supply in the process of this

I sent the PS (and the transfer board) back to China for repair and later diagnosed the problem as a faulty power strip (or, at least, I think) that I had been using to connect all of the 120V accessories (pump, water chiller, exhaust etc.) and the 120-240 1500W step up convertor that the 240v laser runs off. I did this so that I would foolproof myself from running the laser without the water chiller going. Now that I have the PS and transfer board back and installed I have hooked the machine directly up to my 240V outlet. The machine turns on, the fan on the PS supply is going, but the display on the control panel is blank and the control panel is not working. The machine does not move back to the origin/zero on the table. See in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-g8bVajps&feature=youtu.be
Any ideas on what might be going on here? Might I have damaged some other piece that is now preventing normal operation?
Dan

daniel coyle
09-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Ok. I have not noticed any loose wires and am wondering if I damaged the card at this point.

Martin James
09-07-2014, 7:57 AM
Did you try what lucy recommended? To control the table from your computer? There should be a window or panel where you can move the head with arrow keys.

I used my iphone to "see" the wires in the tight spots where my head would not fit. One of the wires on my stop switch was not crimped well.

You will need a cheap om tester box to check the grounds etc.

also if your laser has 2 usb slots one for a memory card, Mine will power up the lcd if i connect the computer to the wrong slot.

good luck, it took me hours to figure out what was wrong with mine.
cheers. Marty