PDA

View Full Version : lost half power

agron zeka
09-01-2014, 9:11 AM
Dear friends

Need your help, i have a mercury 25w for some 9 years now a had no problem with it at all till two days ago. It lost half or more of the power and engraving is very bad. (image will follow) I've read almost all of your threads till now but no help. Some said that caps from rf boards but mine i don't know they look more like diodes then caps by the way its 2005 made, even they look ok not blown if it was for the tube it still cuts but very slowly any suggestions.

Mike Null
09-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Agron

Welcome to SMC. Most likely your tube has run its course and you will have to replace it. You may be able to get a power meter to check it and confirm that is the problem.

agron zeka
09-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Thank you Mike, as you saw the image it looks like it passed the outline of the letter and the line also, not sure what it might be but when it comes to cutting it's half the power maybe the rf boards not sure.

Tony Lenkic
09-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Agron, welcome to SMC.

Due to the age of the machine and if tube is original I would agree with Mike...........You may need to re-gas the tube.

agron zeka
09-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Thank you Tony,

Dan Hintz
09-01-2014, 2:12 PM
If it lost half of its power, it's likely one of the two RF sections has died. No need to regas, though whomever does the RF fix will likely want to recharge it anyway for good measure.

agron zeka
09-01-2014, 2:58 PM
Thank you Dan for your contribution even i think so I've opened the tube didn't see anything suspicious in the RF Drives and closed it but tomorrow will opened it again and try smth even I really don't know how to tune it IN CASE I CHANGE ANYTHING..

Dan Hintz
09-01-2014, 7:54 PM
Thank you Dan for your contribution even i think so I've opened the tube didn't see anything suspicious in the RF Drives and closed it but tomorrow will opened it again and try smth even I really don't know how to tune it IN CASE I CHANGE ANYTHING..

Most common failure will be a dead cap...