PDA

View Full Version : E16 Owners

Peter Stahl
07-08-2005, 9:18 AM
Hey E16 Owners, how do you like your saws? I'm thinking of ordering one. Was going to get a Delta with the riser block but for a couple hundred more thought this saw would do a lot more. Anyone sorry they bought one? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Pete

Jamie Buxton
07-08-2005, 10:57 AM
umm... What's an E16? I'm guessing it is a bandsaw, but who makes it? Maybe a link to a page describing it?

Jim O'Dell
07-08-2005, 11:12 AM
E16 owners know who we are!!! ;-))))
I'll have to let the others tell you about the saw. Mine still looks great, but still no power in the shop. Jim. (who's E16 is tired of being hugged and not used.)

Glenn Clabo
07-08-2005, 11:17 AM
My son is part owner of one of these...and he likes it.
http://fdmc.aticorp.org/graphics/f-16.jpg
Oh...you said E16 not F16...time to get my eyes checked.

Peter Stahl
07-08-2005, 11:18 AM
umm... What's an E16? I'm guessing it is a bandsaw, but who makes it? Maybe a link to a page describing it?

Sorry about that, the E16 is a MiniMax Bandsaw they had 12 at a special price for $995. Here's a link to the thread about it http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=20217&highlight=Mini+bandsaw I know they had 12 and I'll bet at least 1/2 of the were bought by creekers.

Pete

Peter Stahl
07-08-2005, 11:26 AM
My son is part owner of one of these...and he likes it.
http://fdmc.aticorp.org/graphics/f-16.jpg
Oh...you said E16 not F16...time to get my eyes checked.

Hey Glenn, I'd like to have one of those too! Always wanted to fly a jet when I was a kid but didn't even get into a commercial jet until my early 30's. Gotta make you a proud pop huh. What branch of the service does he fly in. My daughters in the Navy and she said they have the most aircraft of any branch.

Pete

Jeff Fritzson
07-08-2005, 11:32 AM
I am really enjoying the saw. After tuning it up to a couple of different blades I am really pleased. I put a 3/4" wood slicer on it and it resawed some 8" maple smooth as silk. A 1/4" blade has cut easily through anything I have run through it with some tight curves. I am going to try the cool blocks with a 3/16" blade for some bandsaw boxes in the near future. Although I never owned the Delta, I have used sveral Jets and I prefer the capabilities of the E16.

It would be nice to have an easier way to tension the blades, but that is the only knock I can really say. The foot brake with the microswitch is a great feature and the built in mobility helps with my shop flexibility.

I do not think you would be disappointed in the saw at all.

Jeff

Glenn Clabo
07-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Yup...proud of my Air Force kid...I wouldn't let him join the Navy. I've spent 33 years in and working for the Navy (Subs) and that's enough for one family.;)

Dave Mapes
07-08-2005, 4:21 PM
Quote: the E16 is a MiniMax Bandsaw they had 12 at a special price for $995. Here's a link to the thread about it http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=20217&highlight=Mini+bandsaw I know they had 12 and I'll bet at least 1/2 of the were bought by creekers.

Pete

I saw that price and wanted one. Called mini-max because I could not find anything on their web site and was told the saw is now $1395 normally $1595 plus shipping. In addition they still do not have any in stock (suppose to be on the boat.)

Greg Torok
07-08-2005, 5:13 PM
I have the saw and once tuned, it has performed great. This saw is not even in the same league as the 14" saws... TONS of power, fantastic dust collection, etc... It seems to be a well built saw. I measured 0.030" of deflection under the blade guard tensioning a 1" band significantly beyond the tension indicators (no tension gauge - started to make one but go side tracked). Unfortunately, I am unable to do this on other saws for comparison. To add to that; I didn't order the carbide blade yet, and just took down the ducting for my DC system to completely redo it (added a Grizzly cyclone 2hp)

However, for me I would never even consider it for $1600 (go with a MM16). At $1400 plus delivery ($290 for me) I think I would have looked closer at other machines. That is not to say I would not have purchased it for $1400.... just not sight unseen.

I was going to 'try' to write a review (or more accurately lots of pictures and comments)... but got busy with a new 20" planer (and planed 600 bd ft), 25" drum sander, and now the DC and new ducting...

Quote: the E16 is a MiniMax Bandsaw they had 12 at a special price for $995. Here's a link to the thread about it http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=20217&highlight=Mini+bandsaw I know they had 12 and I'll bet at least 1/2 of the were bought by creekers.

Pete

I saw that price and wanted one. Called mini-max because I could not find anything on their web site and was told the saw is now $1395 normally $1595 plus shipping. In addition they still do not have any in stock (suppose to be on the boat.)

Alan Tolchinsky
07-08-2005, 5:56 PM
Even at $1400, the E16 is still around $1000 cheaper than the new MM16. That still makes it a bargain in my book and is probably all the saw most of us will ever need.

Craig Zettle
07-08-2005, 9:51 PM
Minimax is offering what looks to me to be a pretty good deal on the S45n, at 1595 with 3 blades included. Specs out about the same as the E16, about 100 lbs heavier.

BTW, as I have stated in a few other posts, I am quite pleased with my E16. Check the other threads for the details, but I have used it for 6 months with no complaints.

Joe Mioux
07-08-2005, 10:47 PM
The S45 is the real sleeper (the forgotten step child) in the Mini Max line up.

Joe

Peter Stahl
07-09-2005, 5:28 PM
The S45 is the real sleeper (the forgotten step child) in the Mini Max line up.

Joe

Joe, the S45 looks like by the description anyway, that it's a E16 with a bigger table. I guess it could be more of a MM16 with a 2.5 hp motor and no foot brake. I've looked at Wilke and the Laguna sites and they both have saws in the E16 class but no foot brake or mobility kit. Not sure where either are made. The Wilke one could be chinese like the Grizzly. The Wilke is the BridgewoodŽ Model BW-17WBS 17 and the Laguna is LT16.

thanks, Pete