PDA

View Full Version : Blumotion Clip Top Cabinet Hinges - Service Life?

Mike Goetzke
08-31-2014, 10:24 AM
I bought around 80 of the subject hinges for our new kitchen. They have only been in service about 2-1/2 years and I notice the "soft-close" feature is going away - especially on the doors that get used most often. I will contact Blum but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if there is some kind of maintenance required.

Thanks,

Mike

Max Neu
08-31-2014, 12:33 PM
I don't think there is any kind of maintenance you can do to them.I recently was at a customers house that I used the blumotion's on a couple of years ago,and I noticed alot of the doors are making a "clicking" sound when you shut them,I am wondering if that is an early sign that they are getting ready to fail?I used another brand 3-4 years ago,and most of them stopped working,the manufacturer replaced them,but I still had to eat the time it took to replace a whole job (about 60 doors).I have been concerned lately with all these soft close hinges I have used in the last several years,how many call backs I will get.It's the latest thing,everyone want's/expects them.I think the problem started when the hinge manufactures started making the soft close mechanisms hidden,so they aren't visible like the add on adapters they came out with when they first started soft closing doors. I think the soft close slides are holding up ok,but I have alot of doubts about the hinges over the long haul.