PDA

View Full Version : new laser

Harold Shinn
08-30-2014, 8:46 PM
just purchased used SH-G350 50 watt laser,has all the software and everything was ok cut fine and then it will not go back to home. Can not find any info in manual,can anyone help thanks Harold

Bill George
08-30-2014, 9:35 PM
just purchased used SH-G350 50 watt laser,has all the software and everything was ok cut fine and then it will not go back to home. Can not find any info in manual,can anyone help thanks Harold

Is there a Home or Reset key on the machine control pad?

Harold Shinn
08-31-2014, 7:30 AM
no Bill there is not a home key pad. every thing worked just fine and some how now it only go to the center of the machine bed. also the arrow keys are reversed,when you press left key it goes right and when you press right key it goes left. thanks Harold

Bill George
08-31-2014, 9:36 AM
Sorry I don't have a solution for you, maybe someone else will.

Julian Ashcroft
08-31-2014, 9:49 AM
On my 350 I use the arrow keys to move the head where I want it and then press the origin key to set it as home. When engraving that's where it starts from.

Harold Shinn
08-31-2014, 10:00 AM
thanks Julian I think that will do it,this is a learning curve I've never had before thanks Harold

Julian Ashcroft
08-31-2014, 10:40 AM
If you haven't got a manual, I have popped one into my dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33159582/Laserworks%20V6.pdf

Harold Shinn
08-31-2014, 12:08 PM
thanks Julian I have the manual it came with machine. really hard to understand,now I'm trying to get the corel draw plugin to download,no such luck thanks Harold

John Noell
08-31-2014, 2:37 PM
also the arrow keys are reversed,when you press left key it goes right and when you press right key it goes left. thanks Harold
The manual says, "After the polarity of directional signal for each axle of the machine is adjusted well, if you press the Left key and the X axle will move rightward; and if you press the Up key and the Y axle will move down, which mean the key polarity of the axles moving to the opposite direction is not right. In such a case you should modify the key polarity of this axle."
So it sounds as simple as changing the polarity of the axle [sic]. :) :) Oh boy, am I looking forward to setting mine up when it comes. Somehow I don't think it is going to be quite like my old Epilog!!

Harold Shinn
08-31-2014, 4:18 PM
John mine was alright at first then something happened which I still do not know what happened and then it was ok, now it is messed up again total lost. thanks Harold
my FSL still works great