PDA

View Full Version : Made a batch of these for the range picknick

Mike Audleman
08-30-2014, 5:50 PM
Went out this AM to the setup work day at the range. Me and some of the guys were jawing about IDPA and stuff. I had the keychains with me. Sold half the bag just to the guys at the setup day :) Getting the idea I should have made more.

Anyway, I got the idea to make these :) Whipped up these in about a half hour:

And yea the bullet holes go through :)

ray hampton
08-30-2014, 6:04 PM
how big are the targets, if you finish them in one hour then they must be ?

Gary Hair
08-30-2014, 8:25 PM
how big are the targets, if you finish them in one hour then they must be ?

Judging by what appears to be a 9mm in the picture, they are not very big... Great idea though!

Mike Audleman
08-30-2014, 10:53 PM
Judging by what appears to be a 9mm in the picture, they are not very big... Great idea though!

Correct. I put the 9mm round in the photo for scale. The target itself is about 2-3/8w x 4" tall.

Made em for desk decorations. Saved one for my desk :)

Chris DeGerolamo
09-02-2014, 9:14 AM
that's cool and creative.

Mike Audleman
09-02-2014, 10:34 AM
All 5 sold for $5 ea, I kept 2, gave the club 3. Took less than 5 minutes for them to sell and I got requests for almost 2 dozen more. Wish I had made lots more but I had no idea how they would go. Also sold almost all the keychains too (another thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?221031-Something-better-than-masking-tape-from-HD)). Might have 5-6 left. Kay (club president)was right. I gave each kid a keychain when they picked up their scavenger hunt sheet (the keychain satisfied one item on the list, the club logo). Once the kids started getting their hands on them I had squads of adults coming over to the kids area wanting some "for the scavenger hunt", which was for kids only ;) I directed them all to the gun raffle table where they were for sale.

So I would say it was a success. Raised some extra money for the youth activities(kids games at the picnic, youth gun safety courses and hunter safety courses, etc) at the club and made a few bucks for myself. And I learned a lot about the laser and the whole process too so it was a win for myself too.

Chris DeGerolamo
09-02-2014, 10:51 AM
We use a *lot* of Rowmark's plastics for signage and because of the way we nest, we get a lot of drop/scrap. One way we utilize would-be trash is to make small targets (~2.5" dia. reticles etc.) for giveaways. The bonus for us is that all of them are adhesive backed so folks can stick 'em too.

Steve Busey
09-03-2014, 8:32 AM
You could try one with the human outline, and the pattern Mel Gibson did in Lethal Weapon. :)

Have a nice day. :)