PDA

View Full Version : award

ray hampton
08-29-2014, 8:04 PM
I made a mistake today that deserve the award for the OUCH award, I need to cut all-thread rod , chuck it in the lathe chuck and using a hacksaw , held close to the chuck to saw the rod BUT my right hand thumb nail contact the chuck jaws, not much pain YET but it will keep me awake tonight, this will not happen , I hope

Rick Potter
08-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Ouch, Ray. Like they say, a lesson earned is a lesson learned. If true, I have earned a fortune.

Rick P

ray hampton
08-30-2014, 12:57 PM
I made a mistake today that deserve the award for the OUCH award, I need to cut all-thread rod , chuck it in the lathe chuck and using a hacksaw , held close to the chuck to saw the rod BUT my right hand thumb nail contact the chuck jaws, not much pain YET but it will keep me awake tonight, this will not happen , I hope

I meant to say that this will not happen again

ray hampton
08-30-2014, 1:01 PM
thanks Rick , the thumb is okay except for the split nail , I was lucky

Frederick Skelly
08-30-2014, 4:46 PM
Glad youre not hurt worse Ray. Hope you heal quickly.
Fred

ray hampton
08-30-2014, 6:31 PM
the healing time will depend on how many times that I hit the sore spot , usual a week will be time enough to heal

Bill Cunningham
08-30-2014, 9:39 PM
Oooo I did that once about 40 years ago. Peeled a chunk of my left index finger right back. Its still got a little bit of deformity at the tip. Never did it again though. Without thinking, I just reached across the spinning 4 jaw chuck and bang.. Wow that hurt..

ray hampton
08-31-2014, 10:07 AM
Oooo I did that once about 40 years ago. Peeled a chunk of my left index finger right back. Its still got a little bit of deformity at the tip. Never did it again though. Without thinking, I just reached across the spinning 4 jaw chuck and bang.. Wow that hurt..

I hope that it's do not happen again either