PDA

View Full Version : Hummingbird Closeups

Jerry Thompson
08-29-2014, 5:05 PM
http://www.boredpanda.com/hummingbird-bird-photography/

Lee Reep
08-29-2014, 5:33 PM
Amazing pictures. I saw our first hummingbird of the year in the yard yesterday. We had bad hail storm in June that flattened all our perennials. They have bounced back and rebloomed. We've seen a lot of hummingbirds in the mountains here and on a recent trip trip to wine country in California.

Larry Frank
08-30-2014, 9:39 AM
Love the pictures...We have had an outstanding year with the hummingbirds. It seems like that as we have been more seriously feeding them the last couple of years the number steadily climbs. One of our feeders is just outside the back sliding door and they come up and look in the door. They also are very protective of their areas and we have a lot of hummingbirds fighting each other. They are great to watch.

The best additions to the feeding this year are the ant water traps above the feeders to keep the ants out and the bee and wasp guards on the feeders.

Andrew Joiner
08-30-2014, 3:09 PM
Beautiful. Thank you.

Don Morris
08-31-2014, 2:47 AM
Thanks for sharing. We live on the East Coast and the Rufus himmingbird is a rare sight. We saw our first one this year. We get the green version daily, and are thrilled to see them. Wonderful creatures.

Sean Troy
08-31-2014, 9:11 AM
I need to put up some feeders next year. I've planted more attractive plants this year for humming birds and they do come. Beautiful creatures.

Ole Anderson
08-31-2014, 9:40 PM
Amazing photo skills.