PDA

View Full Version : I bought some Mesquite from Dario

John Hart
07-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Dario is selling Mesquite pen blanks so I took him up on it. He sent me some beautiful wood and more than I asked for...Very fast...Great price too. I highly recommend him. Just got my shipment today and decided to turn a pen. This has the look of a lady's pen, in my opinion, but since I usually don't know what I'm talking about, I'll leave it up to you.

Ernie Nyvall
07-08-2005, 6:20 AM
John, you are coming along on those pens real nice. Hey, what's that in the background left? At the bottom of it looks like some pieced together old pottery. Nice setup.

Ernie

John Hart
07-08-2005, 6:29 AM
Thanks Ernie...Nope, those are rocks. Found them in San Antonio a few years ago. They are some kind of chert...sort of a white flint embedded with a bunch of crystals. (I'm a rock hound when I have the time)

Ernie Nyvall
07-08-2005, 6:47 AM
(I'm a rock hound when I have the time)

Cool. I spent hundreds of hours rock hunting when I was younger with my dad. Still do when I can. We once found a hilltop in New Mexico covered in obsidian and carnelian. It was like being in a dream. We loaded the old car with probably 600 lbs of choice pieces.
Have glued a few pieces of pottery together too we found on hunts through caves in Arkansas.

Oops, I'm bout to be late for work.

Ernie