PDA

View Full Version : I Love Google Street View

Andrew Joiner
08-28-2014, 2:43 PM
I was showing my grand kids the house I grew up in on Google street view. One said " where was your school". I walked them down the streets until we saw my grade school. The cool thing is I saw a street corner that reminded me of a cute story that happened when I was 5 on my first day of school. I then told them right here on this corner 58 years ago a girl tried to kiss me and I ran away. They loved it.

Actually I'd like to go back in time and do that over. Soon hopefully Goggle will have a way for me to get back on that corner and accept the kiss.

Shawn Pachlhofer
08-28-2014, 3:41 PM
I was showing my grand kids the house I grew up in on Google street view. One said " where was your school". I walked them down the streets until we saw my grade school. The cool thing is I saw a street corner that reminded me of a cute story that happened when I was 5 on my first day of school. I then told them right here on this corner 58 years ago a girl tried to kiss me and I ran away. They loved it.

Actually I'd like to go back in time and do that over. Soon hopefully Goggle will have a way for me to get back on that corner and accept the kiss.

That's what Facebook is for.

Bert Kemp
08-29-2014, 9:11 AM
yea street view is pretty cool, I'm looking for a house and I can go see the house the road and neighborhood with out leaving home LOL , plus any other part of the world I want to travel to .

Rick Potter
08-29-2014, 1:02 PM
Thanks, never looked before. My pics appear to be about 5 years old, judging by the landscaping changes.

I have looked on the sat map before, and always got shots that were at least 10-12 years old. This time they were much newer....a whole freeway next to my back yard shows now, and it has been there about 8 years. Earlier shots showed the initial grading.

Rick P

Erik Loza
08-29-2014, 1:09 PM
Out of curiosity, I searched for my mom's address and in the street view, she is sitting on the porch and having coffee, LOL.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Michael Weber
08-29-2014, 8:28 PM
Out of curiosity, I searched for my mom's address and in the street view, she is sitting on the porch and having coffee, LOL.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA
That is so cool!